Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wellies

Options
  • 23-02-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Did anyone wear their wellies to work today in the hail, sleet and snow?
    Wondering where to get a pair of coloured wellies?
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I have a pair of black polka-dotted wellingtons that were being sold off cheap in New Look. I was looking for a plain pair for when it's raining etc. but these were cheaper. They were the height of fashion back in autumn/winter so I'd say now that spring is here a lot of places will be selling them cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 princess fluff

theres a really nice pair in riverisland....der fab.. pink and black
    i got bright yellow ones but never wore dem yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

i got bright yellow ones but never wore dem yet! :)

Please don't unless you intend on joining netwhizkid on the farm. :p

Can someone explain to me the attraction to wellies? They're not comfy contrary to what you may think and your feet get sticky when it gets warm.

And they look hideous under a skirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 wellies

Wellies are lovely when worn outdoors in the rain, hail or snow.
    The coloured ones have added a new dimension to what were becoming boring old black and green wellies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

wellies wrote:
    Wellies are lovely when worn outdoors in the rain, hail or snow.
    The coloured ones have added a new dimension to what were becoming boring old black and green wellies.

So did you wear wellies before the 'cool and funky' ones came on the market?

I do understand what you're saying, but it doesn't explain why I see people walking through shopping centres wearing a skirt and a pair of spotted / patterned wellies.

I wonder how many of these people have been in a situation where they really needed a pair.
    I'm not talking about a shower of rain , I'm talking about a torrental downpour or knee high in muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i hate wellies! they dont keep your feet warm!! a nice pair of new rocks or doc's or cats do the job even better than wellies...

just my opinion

Advertisement