Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on esats expected new services

Options
  • 23-02-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I know this has already been posted somewhere, but i was told by Esat that even if someone signed up to their trial before the end date (9th March as it so happens) will automatically be upgraded to the new speeds/prices for that package and will remain to have the 3 month/4 month if you stay for free.

Don't know about prices or speeds yet, as they (cust. service) don't seem to know either, but they were told apparently it's the most "advanced" residential service... could this actually mean 4mbps? Or 8mbps? :D Only on the 9th of March we'll know i suppose...

Still, don't think they can match Smart's price (11 euro/month essentially), but the difference is Smart still doesn't have a single (residential) customer using their service i guess (since it's March/April earliest)... whereas Esat's ADSL2 should be enabled in all exchanges according to him....

UPDATE: damn these customer service people all have different opinions about this new service... i just called again to ask about whether the modem supplied will be ADSL2... guess what? This other guy said the new service will only be CHEAPER... but not any faster... i.e. it's still re-packaged eircon crap. He said Smart were installing their own equipment whereas Esat hadn't gotten around to do that yet... Anybody know who to trust?

I know sometimes some customer service reps are totally ignorant about things, like when i called Smart one week before they announced their broadband service, their customer service rep said not to waste my time, that he didn't believe Smart was going to offer the service anytime soon, that there were internal problems, and so forth... i was shocked more than anything, and i believed him... then the ads start appearing on TV a week later... maybe that rep was getting fired or something...

Would like to know if anyone has some solid info about Esat's new service or any other DSL *broadband* service being announced soon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

pretty misleading topic tbh.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

thebigdude wrote:
    Anybody know who to trust?

Given the hard clear information you have you should maybe rename this thread until the 9th :)

Trust me , always trust me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 thebigdude

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Given the hard clear information you have you should maybe rename this thread until the 9th :)

Trust me , always trust me .

Well, maybe you're right... i should've changed the topic title when i found out about the service from the other rep while i was writing the post... still, to be honest i don't know whether to believe him...

Does anyone know about Esat's unbundling progress? I know they talked about it last year, and it doesn't sound right that they didn't manage to put their equipment in at least some exchanges... After all, i'm not the one who posted the email from EsatBT saying the service will be better than any other in offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What's the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Topic changed.

Advertisement