Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyudo/Kyujutsu

Options
  • 23-02-2005 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Are there any schools in Ireland ?
    The little browsing I've doesnt seem to show any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Somehow i dont think that there would be many schools in ireland, if any!

Archery is not exactly an extremely popular sport in ireland but when you get down to specialties such as Kyudo or Kyujutsu your going to find pretty much noone that knows it and if anyone does i doubt that they will be teaching it.

Let us know if you find anything, it would be interesting to know if there are any schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

There was a guy who posted a similar question about 3 or 4 months ago. He was Irish and had taken up the martial art(?) in Japan. He seemed to be happy just to find somewhere to practice. I would be very surprised if there was a school. I'd imagine you would only find one in areas with a lot of expat Japanese and I don't think there are that many Japanese in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yeah I figured it would be a long shot, but if anyone knew it would be people in an archery club :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Elbereth

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and also very much interested in Kyudo - so I just wanted to ask if something has changed in Ireland since last post (written 4 years ago...^^) and perhaps it is now more possible to find people training Kyudo? Anywhere in IE?
    I will be very grateful for reply...

And by the way - some time ago there was a site like this: http://www.secretireland.blogspot.com but it doesn't work anymore. Perhaps they changed address and anyone knows the actual one?

Best Regards!
    E.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

Yeah I figured it would be a long shot, but if anyone knew it would be people in an archery club :/

intentional lulz?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steve -h

Elbereth wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and also very much interested in Kyudo - so I just wanted to ask if something has changed in Ireland since last post (written 4 years ago...^^) and perhaps it is now more possible to find people training Kyudo? Anywhere in IE?
    I will be very grateful for reply...

And by the way - some time ago there was a site like this: http://www.secretireland.blogspot.com but it doesn't work anymore. Perhaps they changed address and anyone knows the actual one?

Best Regards!
    E.

I have a kyudo equipment for sale if you are interested I could also give you some basic instruction in kyujitsu to get you going. Kudo is very Zen oriented.

Regards

steve -h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kinia999

Hello to all,

I am also new on this forum.
    I am living in Ireland 4 years, and was looking for someone who would like to practice Kyudo with me. I live in Dublin area so if anyone would like to try Kyudo, please contact me.

neko@poczta.fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DCat

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that Kyudo/Zen Archery can be learned in Dublin. Any help would be greatly received :-)

Advertisement