Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy turf in bulk?

Options
  • 23-02-2005 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where i can buy turf (for burning) by the tonne?
    And also how much does turf cost?
    It would need to be delivered to the Meath area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

They (Bord na Mona) used to sell direct to the public from Balivor, I'm not sure if they still do, a phone call will tell you.

The next nearest was in Kildare near Prosperous (sp ?) again check before you travel.

Bord Na Mona appear to be concentrating on their "Grow Bags", "Peat Moss" and you might be interested in this "Septic tank filtration system".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

rooferPete wrote:
    Hi,

They (Bord na Mona) used to sell direct to the public from Balivor, I'm not sure if they still do, a phone call will tell you.

The next nearest was in Kildare near Prosperous (sp ?) again check before you travel.

Bord Na Mona appear to be concentrating on their "Grow Bags", "Peat Moss" and you might be interested in this "Septic tank filtration system".

Thanks rooferpete.
    You're a mine of information.
    I'll check those ones out later on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

check the Meath Chronicle classifieds

there are a few private folks selling and will deliver.

karl

Advertisement