Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the story with digital radio?

Options
  • 22-02-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey,was thinking of buying a Digital Audio Broadcast radio,sick of lossing signal on fm. Anyone know whats the story with Irish DAB stations tho? Hard to find any info. I know England have alot of DAB stations, wonder can we get them here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This would be better discussed in Broadcasting I suspect...

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Moved to ICDG Terrestrial.....

This thread might be of interest to you.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

bbc
    BBC digital radio coverage in the north and north-west of Northern Ireland is to be doubled, corporation chairman Michael Grade has announced.

Three new transmitters will be sited at Brougher in west Tyrone, Limavady and Sheriff's Mountain in Londonderry.

Which means "almost 100% digital radio coverage" in the North - good news for the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

oxygen wrote:
    sick of lossing signal on fm.

What do you mean by that and what type of radio?

DAB is NOT going to work in places where there is no FM reception

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oooh, I'll look forward to Brougher being upgraded! :) It could be time to erect a noice DAB antenna outside soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement