Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-G-G-G etc

Options
  • 22-02-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

New Fifty Cent album has leaked onto the interweb:-

Track List for those interested:-

ARTIST: 50 Cent
    TITLE: The Massacre
    LABEL: G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope
    GENRE: Rap
    BITRATE: 196kbps avg
    PLAYTIME: 1h 17min total
    RELEASE DATE: 08 Mar 2005
    RIP DATE: 24 Feb 2005

01. Intro (Produced By Eminem) 0:41
    02. In My Hood (Produced By C. 3:51
    Styles & Bang Out)
    03. This Is 50 (Produced By Black 3:04
    Jeruz & Sha Money XL)
    04. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight 3:51
    (Produced By Eminem)
    05. Piggy Bank (Produced By 4:15
    Needlz)
    06. Gatman And Robbin' (Feat. 3:46
    Eminem) (Produced By Eminem)
    07. Candy Shop (Feat. Olivia) 3:29
    (Produced By Scott Storch)
    08. Outta Control (Produced By Dr. 3:21
    Dre & Mike Elizondo)
    09. Get In My Car (Produced By 4:05
    Hi-Tek)
    10. Ski Mask Way (Produced By 3:05
    Disco D)
    11. A Baltimore Love Thing 4:17
    (Produced By Cue Beats)
    12. Ryder Music (Produced By 3:51
    Hi-Tek)
    13. Disco Inferno (Produced By C. 3:34
    Styles & Bang Out)
    14. Just A Lil Bit (Produced By 3:57
    Scott Storch)
    15. Gunz Come Out (Produced By Dr. 4:24
    Dre & Mike Elizondo)
    16. My Toy Soldier (Feat. Tony 3:44
    Yayo) (Produced By Eminem)
    17. Position Of Power (Produced By 3:12
    Jonathan "J.R." Rotem)
    18. Build You Up (Feat. Jamie 2:55
    Foxx) (Produced By Scott
    Storch)
    19. God Gave Me Style (Produced By 3:01
    Needlz)
    20. So Amazing (Feat. Olivia) 3:16
    (Produced By Jonathan "J.R."
    Rotem)
    21. I Don't Need Em (Produced By 3:20
    BuckWild)
    22. Hate It Or Love It Remix 4:23
    (Feat. G-Unit) (Produced By
    Cool & Dre)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Its exactly the same as his last one, typical gangsta' rap with pimps an hoes and "ive been shot 9 times", boring basically, no doubt the kids will make every song number one then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

hmm exactly same as the last one, did you actually listen to it or even like get rich ?!?

Ive only heard piggy bank and candy shop so far both good but piggy bank was overhyped its not that explosive but you can tell eminems humour when it comes to music is affecting 50s style still good but was hoping for something along the lines of back down, not that thats a bad thing just an observation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Yeah I was surprised to hear it was more 'gangsta' rap from 50 cent, I was expecting him to release something more Simon and Garfunkel but there u are :)

Yeah it is more of the same but it is good driving music I think, I especially like the tracks he does on The Game album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

I still like him so i'll expect i'll like this!

Yes I know that yeah thats what he does, but he could at least try to innovate in some way, like mix it up with some interesting collaborations, you know?I just get tired of g-g-g-g-g unit in every song.
    Saying that I never liked his music anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

"Saying that I never liked his music anyway."

Then ur not going to like it now so why try?

cheesedude wrote:
    "Saying that I never liked his music anyway."

Then ur not going to like it now so why try?

People change, artists try to mix things up every now and then and its a new album so I might aswell listen to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Gonna be ****e.
    The man mumbles half his lyrics, can't flow over beats (even Dres for christs sake) and his lyrics could have been written by a twelve year old as a poetry assignment.
    I've heard Candyshop and personnaly, I'd rather be sodomised by the Pope then have listen to it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

Whhoooooweeeeeee!

You sure do hate fiddy . . . .

Damn sodomised rather than listen to an album thats a bit extreme but if thats what your into hey who are we to judge.

This might be a more approiate rapper than 50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

i heard its absolute ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'd rather be sodomised by the Pope

Wouldn't we all?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Album is fairly decent - typical 50 cent stuff really. Nothing really stands out, but like someone said - kids will snap it up, make it go platinum & everyone over at Interscope/Aftermath/Shady Records will cream it in.....

I wish 50 would take it back to the older stuff he put out before he "blew up" - cos some of that was sick, I just find his commercial stuff very contrived.

::: ven0mous :::

Ive given this a good listen and have to agree with venom its just typical of his current stuff. There is one or two tracks that stand out but in general it sounds a bit lazy to me, and apparently this is the second draft cant imagine what the first version was like if this is better. Its not bad not that great and will probably be no.1 for a week or two and fall off the radar.

He really isnt living up to the promise of his earlier pre aftermath/shady work. But hey took an album like thug life for 2pac to get back on form maby this will be his wake up call if it dosnt sell too well, he said in xxl that if it dosnt sell more than 10mill like get rich he wont consider it a success and well i doubt it will.

Get power of the doller if you dont have it this new album aint even on the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Not all the 'kids' like this MTV crap thanks,i'm sure the album is going to have some decent beats and strong presentation but it still can't hide the fact that he is a mediocre rapper. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I said it before and I'll say it again, tis good car music but hardly the most awe-inspiring lyricism, Talib Kweli he is not. Candy Shop sounds very Timbalandish in my opinion, I can't stand that sort of stuff though, bores me to tears to be honest.

Well as average as the album is its apparently going to sell over a million records in the first week, slightly more than get rich and beating snoops debut. Looks like hes going to beat the sophomore jinx easilly with this one. Now we know why he dumped game it was all he needed to get the buzz going again. Theres even rumours hes leaving aftermath/ shady and taking g unit somewhere else but im not even sure 50 is that stupid.

Advertisement