Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washer recommendations sought

Options
  • 21-02-2005 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a power washer for my house at the moment. It's a pretty big yard i'll be claening regularly and i'd also like to use it to wash the house from time to time. I'm confused about all the different makes and prices. Does anyone use these and can recommend a make? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Karcher are the most popular but most expensive. I bought a JCB unit a year ago from Argos for about €100. It's rated about 90 or 100bar pressure, but most importantly it's got an induction motor which requires no servicing, lasts longer and is quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

100 bar is a bit low for yard work - cleaning concrete, etc. But its plenty for washing house (depending on flow).

I hire out a 11hp engine powered powerwasher 2300psi (159 bar) @ 30 l/min (i think) which pulls from a barrel because the flow out of the tap is too low to sustain the electrical type.

Its costs me €40 to hire for the day & petrol €4

cashels engineering sell mobile units c/w tank - 150, 300 or 400 gallon tanks or EPS sell a powerwasher kit+ 9hp (i think) engine & lance, I cannt rem prices

If your not sure of pressures & flow rates then hire a powerwasher out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Aldi have a Karcher one comming the end of March for €130!!

Advertisement