Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late car giveaway last Friday..

Options
  • 21-02-2005 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anyone see it with the mother and daughter from Cork?

The daughter nearly had a panic attack when they won. It was so funny!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

how could the wardrobe people have let the daughter go on live TV in those clothes, i'd say Pat got an eyeful when he told her to get in the car.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ha ha - seen this myself - was hilarious!!

The young one was terrfied when the mother said that she was going to gamble...

"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!!!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I saw this aswell.. I didn't know wether to laugh or hide behind the couch! For someone who wasn't willing to gamble, the daughter didn't waste any time in claiming the nicer car!
    They were very innocent and panic-stricken god love 'em (he says trying not to be too patronising). After they won the cars, the mother kept saying to Pat "is that it, is it over!??"

Pat really is a crap host though..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Didnt see it ...whats the full story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

the mother had lovely voluptuous chest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

^^^ wtf?
    pat kenny was terrified, heh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

nlgbbbblth wrote:

bit like Janice from Corrie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

bit like Janice from Corrie :D

Drools... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I saw it, they were definately creamers IMO

nlgbbbblth wrote:

aarggh.. get out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Rossonero wrote:
    Anyone see it with the mother and daughter from Cork?

The daughter nearly had a panic attack when they won. It was so funny!

This was the funniest thing on TV in recent weeks. Also very funny was Pat telling the mother to "look into my eyes", so much so that she then forgot to listen to the the question and caused him to ask, "Why are you staring at me? Oh, I see, I told you to."

The Late Late in-studio competitions are always woeful, especially with Pat asking things like, "How many raindrops fell in Ireland last year? Go on, write down your answer to the nearest hundred thousand on this piece of cardboard..."

For this one, you could argue that by hearing the daughter go, "I can't spell it" (she had to choose her mother's favourite movie out of My Left Foot/Veronica Guerin/The Quiet Man), her mother would have had a hint as to the answer. (Of course, would only have mattered in an instance where the mother's answer wasn't already known by the producers.)

When Pat introduced the gamble element to the competition - again, bearing in mind he always runs these things like they've only just thought it up - the mother could be heard going, "Oh, wait, wait, Kelly, it's not over...! Hold on!"

Gombeens in full, but very, very entertaining.

When I heard her say 'I can't spell it', I thought we might have gotten 'The Quite Man' (!).. but then most people who mispell 'Quiet', figure they have it spelt correctly.. so well spotted!

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

I didn't know whether to laugh or hide behind the couch!

I know exactly what you mean, I was mortified watching it, yet also highly entertained :) Obviously they both weren't exactly, well, ya know...but jeeze the daughter was something else alright, hyper to say the least.

Leave the Late Late quizzes alone, they're always entertaining! A hangover from Kenny Live, it's one of the few formats left on television that is still capable of grabbing your attention and building the tension, not least because they use 'ordinary' people that you look out for.
    And the facts 'n figures are always interesting - then again I am something of a fact freak...

But that part at the end with them wanting to say hello to Mammy at home and Granny in hospital - cringe or what. All I can think of when things like that appear is please don't let any English people be watching :o

RTE wrote:
    Leave the Late Late quizzes alone, they're always entertaining! A hangover from Kenny Live, it's one of the few formats left on television that is still capable of grabbing your attention and building the tension, not least because they use 'ordinary' people that you look out for.

Agreed - it's great to watch because it's so embarrassing and because they really don't have a clue when it comes to running competitions smoothly on the show. Was even worse back in the Kenny Live days. The potential embarrassment factor with competitions is always very high on the Late Late since Pat took over.
    RTE wrote:
    But that part at the end with them wanting to say hello to Mammy at home and Granny in hospital - cringe or what. All I can think of when things like that appear is please don't let any English people be watching :o

I think the girl from this one said something like, "And I'd like to say hello to Joan cos she's in hospital the moment - I won't say too much about that, though..." which clearly made everyone who knew her wonder what more there was to the hospital story!

Agree about non-Irish people watching - it's so cringeworthy. You could never imagine anything like it on UK TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

doh.ie wrote:
    ...Agree about non-Irish people watching - it's so cringeworthy. You could never imagine anything like it on UK TV!

Just like winning streak, that would never be on British TV.

vector wrote:
    Just like winning streak, that would never be on British TV.

Now THAT I did have some English friends catch a few years ago. It was the Christmas before the euro changeover, and the old fogies who were playing didn't really know how the conversion worked at that stage. The show had decided to start paying out prizes in euro anyway, even though it was mid-December.

So this aul wan, Bridie, is told that her total winnings are €48,000 and (presumably because she didn't know how much it was in 'old money') she just looks gobsmacked, unemotional, unexcited and unable to speak. I think she just raised her eyebrows and sighed. My friends started laughing like crazy and every now and again still laugh at how blasé Bridie was to winning the dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

RTE wrote:

Did you hear the daughter saying hello to her boyfriend Tiger...hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

doh.ie wrote:
    So this aul wan, Bridie, is told that her total winnings are €48,000 and (presumably because she didn't know how much it was in 'old money') she just looks gobsmacked, unemotional, unexcited and unable to speak. I think she just raised her eyebrows and sighed. My friends started laughing like crazy and every now and again still laugh at how blasé Bridie was to winning the dosh.

Classic... Winning Steak is just brilliant for this.
    People winning thousands of Euro, and they look like nothings happened.
    Ungrateful sods.
    If I won a fiver on a scratchcard, I'd go on a day-long bender and phone in sick the next day....
    It's not the taking part.... its the winning that counts

:D

I remember on Winning Streak a few years ago now there was this country woman on, and clearly she'd never heard of a radio-mic before, and she kept talking down towards here chest when she spoke. And then she got up to the big wheel at the end, and when she was standing there she started to hold up her jacket, pulling the mic up to infront of her mouth to speak :D

Mike, as it was at the time, had to tell her to stop, that it wasn't necessary :o Oh how we laughed - and cried.

Very annoyed about the last Late Late quiz for the car - I would have won it out of the three contestants if our card had been picked :(
    Got all the figures right for once - including the Georgian turf bucket, my specialty area :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement