Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL: on time or not?

Options
  • 21-02-2005 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

ordered NTL's 1.5mb line last tuesday along with the dasic digital pack and they said they'd be out by "next tuesday" (i.e.tomorrow). i was surprised at the fact that they proposed a date so soon but put it down to special treatment due to getting both at the same time...
    so my question is, will they bogey me or not! from experience, have they generally come on the proposed installation dates for others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

ordered NTL's 1.5mb line last tuesday along with the dasic digital pack and they said they'd be out by "next tuesday" (i.e.tomorrow). i was surprised at the fact that they proposed a date so soon but put it down to special treatment due to getting both at the same time...
    so my question is, will they bogey me or not! from experience, have they generally come on the proposed installation dates for others?

I have also ordered both of these last week and mine is due on the 7th of March afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

they must have different lengths of time for different areas... i'm D6w...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The guy arrived to install ours exactly on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

dregin wrote:
    The guy arrived to install ours exactly on time.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

yeah bang on time for me. Said 9 and rang the bell at 9. very neat and tidy too!

• Advertisement

legend... i hope i'm not the exception!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

When I ordered it I ended up waiting more than a week longer than the date they said they would come on. If they're busy then they may delay you but if it's been quiet for their BB orders then that might be why your getting it so quickly.

legend... i hope i'm not the exception!! :p

Just out of interest where in Dublin are you?

kimmage... you?

Castleknock D15, good luck with the NTL !! hope all goes well

• Advertisement

hey guys,
    just letting you know- the guy said yesterday that he'd be there between 1 and 6 today... he arrived between 1 and 1.30 and is currently working on the BB and digital!!!!1 YAY :D

hey guys,
    just letting you know- the guy said yesterday that he'd be there between 1 and 6 today... he arrived between 1 and 1.30 and is currently working on the BB and digital!!!!1 YAY :D

Great stuff... hope it goes well. I presume with the BB you'll be hanging round here more often!!!

yeah, that would have been true... but apparently there's a problem in my area so it's probably gonna be a week or so more!.... it sucks sooo much...
    at least i have digital to tie me over! edit: just got that today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Drapper wrote:
    Castleknock D15, good luck with the NTL !! hope all goes well

Drapper, just outta curiosity, since when is NTL BB available to us in D15. I live in park Drive and was wondering if it is available here.

regedit wrote:
    Drapper, just outta curiosity, since when is NTL BB available to us in D15. I live in park Drive and was wondering if it is available here.

I would have thought it would be available to you now... give them a call and see!

Jonathanpbk, thats a pain in the **** what's wrong with the line? Like you said, at least you have digital telly to keep you amused, but personally I would have wanted the BB more... hard luck

regedit wrote:

since last september 2004. Only in limited areas !!

Jonathanpbk, thats a pain in the **** what's wrong with the line? Like you said, at least you have digital telly to keep you amused, but personally I would have wanted the BB more... hard luck

yeah, me too... i wasnt there at the time, so i dont know what the problem was exactly, but apparently it could receive packets but not send them so it's useless till they fix it... he thought it may be because of splitting the cable for multiple tvs, and we had split it, but he tested it before the split and it was the same... so a "repair squad" are going to fix the problem in the next week or so... BAH.

yeah, me too... i wasnt there at the time, so i dont know what the problem was exactly, but apparently it could receive packets but not send them so it's useless till they fix it... he thought it may be because of splitting the cable for multiple tvs, and we had split it, but he tested it before the split and it was the same... so a "repair squad" are going to fix the problem in the next week or so... BAH.

you may want to read this tread ! there may onlt be one way switch on your NTL service ! may be a larger job !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221737

Drapper wrote:
    you may want to read this tread ! there may onlt be one way switch on your NTL service ! may be a larger job !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221737

there seems to be only one mention of that there. how long would you say it would take them to install 2-way switches? they said a week so i belive them for now seeing as they came so promptly to install it in the first place... *fingets crosssed*

there seems to be only one mention of that there. how long would you say it would take them to install 2-way switches? they said a week so i belive them for now seeing as they came so promptly to install it in the first place... *fingets crosssed*

NTL like all BB providers are a law onto them selves !! No idea m8 :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement