Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best guys clothes shops in town?

Options
  • 20-02-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

so, anyone know the best ones? ive a feeling ireland sucks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ok im assuming that you mean dublin? and not some other town.
    well jack & jones is good so is that small clothes shop beside jean scene in jervis centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

jack jones is cheap scobie wear, never seen anythin decent in the jervis to be honest. couple gay bars, and my god do i include topman in that

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

lateasever wrote:
    jack jones is cheap scobie wear, never seen anythin decent in the jervis to be honest. couple gay bars, and my god do i include topman in that

yeah your kinda right there but i find motion picture to be pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Jack Jones has nice stuff though, cheap and cheerful, river island is a bit expensive haven;t seen their clothes for this season though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

i realise im bein a bit stuck up and all but lets face it. im right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

besides the ones mentioned, Burton does nice clothes.

If your lucky, sometimes (rarely) them places unique and storm on liffey street do have nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he's doesn't really say what style he's after really,

for example he says j&j is "scobie wear", which he's entitled to his opinion but what exactly are you looking for?

baggy jeans?
    tracksuits?
    formal wear?
    etc.
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They're all ****e - go to London baby! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

topman's good for the plain t-shirts(and student discount) jack jones, and penthouse if i had more money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

I agree on your sentiments regarding Jack Jones - stonewashed boot cuts and graffitied shirts are getting extremely tired at this stage. Graffitied blazers were a dumbass idea in the first place.

Topman is alright if you want flavour of the moment stuff at reasonable prices but its relatively poor quality.

Of all the chains, I guess Envy is about the best, good selection of jeans, shirts and knitwear but lots of tack as well.

BT2 is good for high fashion, label stuff but very expensive.

There's a small shop next to FCUK that does Diesel and so on - might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

TBH Penneys have a great selection, mightn't be the brands but great clothes, for great prices.l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

TK MAXX wOOooO! Teh ch3ap.
    Seriously, you can get some good stuff there with a bit of looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

Raidar on the first floor of St Stephens Green is pretty good, mostly G-Star but its worth a look. There are a few others around there aswell. Genius in powerscourt is alright. If you have money to burn there are a number around the hibernian shopping centre (between grafton street and dawson street) Also Aspecto opposite Envy near the top of grafton street. The outdoor/adventure shop (cant remember what its called) on the right after HMV on grafton st is good surfer type gear. Urban Outfitters in temple bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TrickyDicky

Ah Urban Outfitters, my favourite shop

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Arnotts, they got some great stuff. It is pricey but the june and jan sales are sweet. Roches aswell all the new lines and brands. Pretty good at good prices.
    J+J is prob my fav. Nice stuff at nice prices and im no scobie. Good for casual and smart, but that graffiti crap, pile of crap imo. Keep it simple i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Ah Urban Outfitters, my favourite shop

What street is Urban outfitters on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Tribe on the first floor of Stephens Green shopping centre had some nice gear although it's a little on the expensive side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

What street is Urban outfitters on?

Its across the square from merchants arch. Its quite a big place, opens out on to 2/3 different streets

Advertisement