Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double the amount of songs on your iPod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

No you dont.
    AAC is slightly better quality than MP3, both encoded at 128kbps, and slightly smaller file size, but not by half.
    I use .WAV files anyway, i can fit a couple of hundred then the next day I put new songs on it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh but .wav isnt as good a quality as mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

GaRtH_V wrote:
    lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

GaRtH_V wrote:

:eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Dude, you do know that mp3 is wav, only with the bits a human ear can't hear taken out.

As for the AAC thing, it only worked if you ripped it using 64kb, instead of the 128kb. My bad. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

the_syco wrote:
    Dude, you do know that mp3 is wav, only with the bits a human ear can't hear taken out.

As for the AAC thing, it only worked if you ripped it using 64kb, instead of the 128kb. My bad. Ah well.

MP3 is .WAV?????Seriously man get your facts right before you make a wild comment like that.MP3 is a highly compressed format meaning you lose definition in everything, dynamic range, subsonics, etc,....not just "the bits the human ear cannot hear"
    CD is far less compressed, still compressed, but not by as much, .WAV is CD quality MP3 is not.
    This says most of it: http://www.audioboxinc.com/quality.html

Naturally a song encoded at 64kbps is half the size of one encoded at 128kbps :confused:

Advertisement