Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing ipod in the car

Options
  • 20-02-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Is it possible to get some thing which will allow me to plug my ipod into the car stereo and play all my songs over the car speakers?

Any recommendations?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

H46081.jpg
    See the tape part? Thats a connection device to allow you to play a mobile audio player, such as a CD walkman or mp3 player, through your cars tape deck.
    Ignore the lighter power adaptor as this source of power is not good with sensitive electronic devices such as those mentioned above.
    €30 in Peats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Saw it for €12 in Tesco

If you dont have a tape player you can see if there is a line in on the back pf the stereo failing that you should look at FM transmiters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rew wrote:
    Saw it for €12 in Tesco

If you dont have a tape player you can see if there is a line in on the back pf the stereo failing that you should look at FM transmiters.
    t7194lla_125.jpg
    iTrip for iPod. The iTrip FM transmitter for the iPod can play your music through any FM radio in your car, at a party, or at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

no get the one in peats. My friend uses one, be sure to get a good quality one, mabye tht tesco one ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I got a Card Dock FM for €75 on ebay. It plugs into ur cig lighter and charges ur ipod, holds it on a dock and plays songs through ur radio.....its cool
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58350&item=5752539641&rd=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You want the iTrip from Griffin Technology. Broadcasts to any FM thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

actually you probably want - http://www.dension.com/main.php?pageid=50&topid=42

instead of some crappy fm jobby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have the belkin tunecastII. it is so handy and the ranges is great. only thing is they are illegal in most places outside the states (including ireland) so i got a friend of mine to pick one up for me during the summer. the only draw back with the iTrip is that it takes power from the iPod, so your battery will run down quicker. the belkin uses its own battery but it has a 2-inch (or so) lead that plugs into the headphone jack and i never feels too safe letting it hang there incase it damages the headphone connection. check this out to use with the tape adaptor. its a car charger with a line out. i saw one in hmv grafton st. for €45 on saturday. (down the back left corner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

the_syco wrote:
    t7194lla_125.jpg
    iTrip for iPod. The iTrip FM transmitter for the iPod can play your music through any FM radio in your car, at a party, or at home.

I trip is illegal in Ireland, stupid broadcasting laws, just wait till Bertie and the boys want them in their state mercs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Got my Tunecast II off Ebay for €35 delivered. Included a cigarette lighter power lead so I dont have to worry about batteries.

I found the best way to use it is turn the vol on the MP3 up full and then control it off the car stereo. You get the best sound quality that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You want the Griiffin Technology Road Trip which is the car version of the iTrip from the same company.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roadtrip/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

bazH wrote:
    actually you probably want - http://www.dension.com/main.php?pageid=50&topid=42

instead of some crappy fm jobby

where can i get something like this but thats compatible with a front load single CD player?

Advertisement