Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under tile heating in Bathroom

Options
  • 19-02-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I have a new house just about to close. Was wondering how easy it is to put underfloor heating in the bathroom. Its just a small area about 4 m*2. Would I have to wire back to the fuse box or can I just take it back to a power source. Also any recommendations as to the type of underfloor heating thats out there. I see in ScrewFix they have the item.

PS the Bathroom has T&G floor boards.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are going to put down tiles right? That's what underfloor works best with.

For the area you're talking about, you're only talking about drawing a couple of hundred watts, so you can just connect into one of the mains.

You get a special lower-power version of the heating mat (the one I use is from Devi (http://www.devi.ie I think)) for use with wooden floors.

To be honest, the requirement for underfloor heating in your circumstances is pretty borderline. It's very much a nice-to-have. The place where you really need underfloor is on a concrete floor. You might be as well with a radiator or blower-heater. You have to decide whether it's going to be worth the couple of hundred euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks antoinolachtnai

The bathroom only has a heated towel rail as the heat source. I thought that this would be a good way to put a little extra heat into the bathroom... Anywho thanks for the comments and the web link I will have a look and then decide.

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

:D
    garyh3 wrote:
    Thanks antoinolachtnai

The bathroom only has a heated towel rail as the heat source. I thought that this would be a good way to put a little extra heat into the bathroom... G.

And heated tiles feel as so warm when your walking barefoot, do it and damn the expense

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I agree with anto, i.e we install alot of these systems in apartments. The mats are a good buy

Advertisement