Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

802.11b & g router signal and Wireless alarm PIR's.

Options
  • 19-02-2005 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I've recently moved into a new house. I am currently using Eircom homestarter BB with their Netopia wireless modem/router. May not be the best kit in the world but it works and does what I ask of it. ( plus the company pays for it )

The missus wants to get an alarm in and shes been talking to the sales folk that came knocking.

She has it in her head that we are going to get a wireless alarm system or I can use my fist

My query is ....does anyone know if the signal used by the Eircom wireless phone watch interfer with 802.11b or G signal to the router?

Thx,

Goosey

ps : I posted this in the Wireless section then I realised ...hmmmm Wireless - Broadband ...Ummmm??? So if a moderator could delete the thread that may be in the wrong sub-forum. Thx. :confused:

Advertisement