Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay item

Options
  • 18-02-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

eBay, as many of you know, is very strict about firearms law and their auctions.
    Seems this has annoyed someone :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

HEHEHEHE!! :D:D
    Thats why there is EGUN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

MUHAHAHAHAH!!!!

good one sparks....priceless....absolutely priceless...goes up there with the other ebay classics like guy in the exwifes wedding gown and the guy selling 'Michael Moores relevance' and 'bruce springsteens ego' after the last US election...

:D:D:D:D:D

i checked it out too late - only an error msg appears,

What was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

it was bout 1 terabyte of text of a guy who is so fed up with ebay they probably pulled the bid just to piss him off. he basically had a huge amout of emails trying to explain that the EMPTY cartridges he was selling could not fire ...well anything...

it seems ebay were convinced that emptry used cartridges would kill someone

he them proceeded to explain how there was nothign in the cartridge..he even modified his picture to include the words 'NO GO BANG'

it was priceless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

He put the auction up again (slightly modified), but eBay pulled that too.

However, someone grabbed it while it was there, and it can now be found here
    Unfortunately, all the questions and answers from the first auction are gone, unless someone somewhere has it captured and puts it up again :(

Get it quick, because I'd suspect that it won't be there for long :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Rovi wrote:
    Unfortunately, all the questions and answers from the first auction are gone, unless someone somewhere has it captured and puts it up again :(
    Well, this is the internet y'know...
    Questions from other buyers for this listing:-

Q: Will you combine shipping? Are you sure? and, will you marry me? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: no, yes, no. But thanks for the kind offer.

Q: Do you have any of those "deprimed" or "primerless" "will not go bang under any curcumstances" teddybears? As I would hate to run afoul of the eBay machine. I will check your other auctions in the hope that I might find one or at the least help you toward your sedatives. Also, do you know if international trafficing in primed teddybears is prohibited? Thank you and the very best of luck with "the people" at eBay. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: No way. If there is one thing more evil than brass its definitely teddy bears

Q: You weren't very clear; so are you saying that Monty Python, my grandmother, and a teddy bear are included with the brass??? Does this brass repel ghosts (you gotta mention this stuff)? I know you said not to eat the brass, but what if my wife chokes on the teddy bear? Will Monty python like my wife? If someone were to throw Gatorade drink powder in my eyes whilst I was thinking about Britney Spears not priming the brass, could I got to jail? What if I were in Africa? What does Ebay think about Africa? What does Africa think about Ebays policies on my grandmother? I don't know why you didn't include answers to these questions, but please, get back to me soon. Mr.H AR15.com Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: This was once so easy but is now becoming soooo hard. I liked the world so much better before it was politically correct!

Q: Can i paypal you a cashiers check??? No actually, this is the best read ive seen in a while. I literally spewed coffee on my work monitor about 10 times. You are a genious, and good luck with sticking it to the man. Best wishes, and thanks, George Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Please refer to the disclaimer. Cheers

Q: Oh my gawd!!! That's the best read I seen on the net in a LOOONNNGGGG time. Is your disclaimer and text now copyrighted or can the rest of us use some of it in our own dealings with the brainless wonders at EBay? I hope you get rich! Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: You can use it. I hope I get rich too.

Q: Does the clip holding the "unprimed brass" have a primer? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: no, it fell out

Q: I would love to buy your brass, but since you are in the southern hemisphere, it would arrive here upside down and be utterly useless. Best of luck selling your upside down brass. PS-Is the brass entirely devoid of primers, or is there the possibility of parallel universe primers existing in a quantum state within the primer pockets? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: It is already useless according to the rules.

Q: Howdy ninteen11. Can the winning bidder put primers in them, or would this get the ebay police after you. I for one would not do this because that would be evil and bad. Just kidding, keep up the good work your add is hilarious. Kevin - North Carolina USA P.S. If I win can I pay you next month? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: You can do it but they WILL track you down & they never sleep. They are watching you, always watching.

Q: That is the best listing I have ever seen. Dan Angola Armory LLC Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: It cant be that good, you havent had a bid!

Q: This may be "inert" when used in a .303, but will it be "ert" if I use it in a .308? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Depends if its name is Ert or not.

Q: Do these come from a smoke free home? Would they be a GREAT addition to my collection and is there a nice patina on the brass? OUTSTANDING LISTING, 1911! Momma from Michigan, USA Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Smoke free home AND smokeless powder!

Q: A few things I plan to sue you over as you forgot to disclaim them in your disclaimer. Your mileage may vary. May cause low birth weight. For serious injuries, seek medical attention. For indoor / outdoor use only. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Dang.

Q: Are you sure the brass is from the year 303? I thought it would look older. Does it come with primers? Didn't they use primers in the year 303? Will this brass work with itching powder? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: I polished it.

Q: I see there is a stripper in the picture. Is it included as well because strippers are imoral and I can't believe E-bay would allow stippers to be exchanged on their service. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Not "that" sort of stripper, silly.

Q: I don't believe that these British brass are actually "dead". They seem to be merely "pining" for the White Cliffs of Dover. Beautiful tarnish, eh? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: It is definitely dead but can be resurrected.

Q: G'day! You caused me to laugh until I dampened my skivvies! Ever think about giving up on that twisted anti-gun culture and escaping to where free men (and women) still can bear arms? or arm bears? if you're looking for a sponsor, we can come up with a few thousand who will polish your brass admirably! Thanks for the good laugh. Sorry that, behind the laughter, we're all shedding tears for liberties lost. Jim Strang, Avon, OH USA Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Im all in favour of arming bears. A koala with an AR15 is a formidable beast indeed.

Q: I was wondering if I could get the anchovies and jalapenos added to the disclaimer. Thanks! Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: done

Q: Does this item have any sharp edges? Because someone could get a cut, and then get a nasty infection, which would require hospitalization, medication, and perhaps even amputation, followed by litigation or arbitration, caused by the traumatization. Chris, Indianapolis, USA PS: Good on ya!! Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Hmm, I feel an edit to the disclaimer coming on again.

Q: Do you have any safety information about the stripper clip? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Handle with care

Q: What do ya have against crack cocaine?? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: It causes flash backs?

Q: What do ya have against crack cocaine?? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Its just far too complicated to use as a currency.

Q: If these contain primer, will they kill my parrot? He already has a 303, but Im concerned about these being primed. Bush Lies, Parrots Die. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Possibly, but your parrot has a 303? Every time the President lies a parrot dies??? This could account for sudden parrot death syndrome.

Q: Sir, Is this brass primed? Does it contain powder and projectile? I look forward to your reply.;) B. Seibert Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: No, definitely not. Primers are very very bad. As is powder. Projectiles are ok if inert, but that depends on your definition of inert. Or eBay's definition of inert. I think.

Q: No primers...? Hah! A likely story. Has the 303 brass ever been to a Dunkin' Donuts where they perhaps could have been influenced by the primers in a Police Officer's firearm? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Definitely not, we dont have Dunkin' Donuts here.

Q: will you ship these bullets to the states? how much to my zip code of 33411 if you do ship to the states. and are these bullets primed? it looks like they have primers on them? isnt that dangerous? what if i buy them and poke my eyes out? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Yes definitely. I think these belong in the States, Same postage as for OZ. Nope, not primed. Please check the item description. Its an optical illusion. Getting out of bed is dangerous. Get a labrador, dark glasses and a white cane. (sold separately) Cheers.

Q: If I win this item, may I dangle them from my hat while prancing the stage with a can of Fosters singing a ribald song about dead philosophers? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Only if your name is Bruce.

Q: Can this item be painted with primer? Will it bond properly? If I do this, will eBay hunt me down and kill me? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: you must prepare the surface properly, then apply the primer.

Q: So, would you classify this brass as prime or just OK? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Primo, not primer.

Q: Hey, is this ammo ready to shoot? Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Actually, yes. You can shoot it, boil it in oil, hang it or give it a lethal injection.

Q: Your disclamer is hilarious. If I ever sell anything on Ebay, can I use it? Michael Mornard BTRGuy PS Does this brass have primers? OW!OW!OW!OW!OW!OW! Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Thanks but its totally serious. It saves me so many problems.

Q: Any chance a Yank could get some of that brass in a .50 Cal flavor? Or does that only come in the "Primed" variety? Please Advise- Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Yes, but only in America. Cheers.

cont...
    Q: I thought I read somewhere in the discription that these are depleted uranium tipped. Can you do that? Seems a bit dangerous. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: Only when used on planet Earth.
    Q: Sir I am wondering if you can answer a few questions for me. 1: Is this brass primed? You may not know it but selling primed brass is in violation of e-bay policy. 2: Do you except postal money orders? 3: If I bid and win can I send the postal money order in about 2 weeks? Thank you for your time and keep up the good work. Answered on Feb-18-05
    A: no, yes, no, no & thanks. If I got any wrong please refer to the terms & conditions & disclaimers. Cheers
    Q: This is the greatest listing ever! Selling is not as easy as everyone thinks! Hope you get a millon bucks! Love the "No Powder No Primer" shirt idea!!! Good luck! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks bbgns, Yes, you may bid one million dollars. That was the question wasn't it?
    Q: How do these function without powder and primers? Are these for use in some advanced supersecret hyperspace weapon? some sort of magneto-hydrodynamic drive system? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Nope, you fire them out of a kid's slingshot.
    Q: Damn dude I wish I lived in Australia so I could bid on them brass. I collect 303 british and absolutely hate Ebay's no ammunition policy Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: THIS IS NOT AMMUNITION. Please read all the firearms and dangerous weapons acts again. Better still, write them out on a blackboard like Bart Simpson. I WILL ACCEPT BIDS FROM OVERSEAS. DONT LET WATER STAND IN YOUR WAY. BID NOW.
    Q: Can I weld this brass toghether to build a Panpipe? Will EBay consider the resulting Panpipe a musical instrument or evil ammunition? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Wow, I was only thinking of wind chimes but you have really stumbled onto something here.
    Q: Does your auction include the piece of white card/paper/cardboard/wall that is behind the ammo? Because I could wad it up and bounce it off the head of my friend - no wait, then it would be ammo. Never mind. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Actually, that piece of paper is probably destined to be an ICON to gun owners throughout the free world. It might become a flag perhaps. Im going to photocopy it and give it away with any takers on "second chance offers". May be it could be turned into a chain letter where if you dont pass it on within 7 days your primers will become inert or something.
    Q: What headstamp is this brass? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Sorry, I refuse to answer silly questions.
    Q: Pssst.. Hey kid, you want to try some primer? Everyone is doing it. Seriously though, can I shoot these? Are they primed? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Oh man, dont you get it yet??? PRIMERS ARE EEEEVIL.
    Q: What about chili powder? I see nothing in this that addresses chili powder. Does it currently have, did it have, or could it possibly have had chili powder? Chili powder makes my nose run. Evil powder! (otherwise, excellent work!) Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Please refer to the disclaimer. Jalapenos can be added if required.
    Q: After tha laugh I got out of your listing I wewnt to see what else you had listed . wanted to buy something from you for all the work you put into satisfing the ole boys at eaby Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: BUY THE BRASS!!!!!
    Q: Can you GUARANTEE that this very volatile brass will not sneak into my bedroom at night when I'm sleeping and bite my butt? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No, wasnt that in the disclaimer?
    Q: Someone mentioned painting primers don't that take a while to do ? Can you paint them and then send them to the States if you have time ? If I win them of course. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No time to paint, so many questions to answer, need coffee. This is the hardest Ive ever worked for a $15 auction. Feel free to paint if you win. I suggest a good quality PRIMER after preparing the surface properly.
    Q: Are you the same guy who was selling wedding dresses last year? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: no, do you want to buy one? Im sure I can find an inert one somewhere.
    Q: has all poweder residue and primer residue been removed from the brass? Is this brass brass or is it steel or caseless? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: This is genuine brass brass not steel brass or aluminium brass or a paper cartridge pretending to be brass. There may be residue but it is an inert form of residue.
    Q: Would you accept a "Virgin Mary" Grilled Cheese Sandwich in barter for this brass? Not to worry, the sandwich is unprimed and does not contain powder or explosives. How about just a really good .jpg of the aforementioned sandwich, instead? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No, Im afraid not. But I would trade for the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.
    Q: What is the stripper clip made out of? Has it been rendered useless as well? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: It is made of a solid material however, on your screen it is pixels.
    Q: Dear sir, I am interested in buying your product you have for sale, could you tell me though are the brass cases primed and do they come with any powder? Regards Richard Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Hang on, let me read my auction details again. Wait, I'll get a second opinion. Ok, Im telling you there are no primers or powder and Doctor Rock confirms it.
    Q: Nowhere in your auction does it mention llamas. I'm very disappointed in your complete disregard for my llamas' safety. For this reason, and this reason only, I shall not bid on your non-llama-safe product. So there. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Sorry, I'll quote him now for you. "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -The XIV Dalai Lama
    Q: Do these cases have "Federal law prohibits reuse of this container." on them as do liquor bottles here in the States? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: no but I can have it etched in for a small fee. Well a smallish fee. Nah, it will cost heaps. Just paint your liquor bottle brass coloured it will work out cheaper.
    Q: No question..just congratulations on a great listing. As a parts seller, I've been there and got the tee-shirt! Now I am waiting for ebay to add the word "ert" to its computer search (the opposite of "inert"). Thanks for a great laugh! Bob Martin - President cheapgunparts Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: You need the T shirt that says "no primer - no powder". Nert is like gruntled. I only hear of disgruntled people never gruntled people. And how come if "flammable" means that something burns "inflammable " doesnt mean the opposite?
    Q: Is the brass safe for my children to play with? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Depends on a couple of things, like how old they are & what they do with them. I recommend adult supervision. Ill remember to include that in my modified disclaimer.
    Q: Does the Brass include the Dead Parrot? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No, but you can buy dead parrot bird food in my other auction. The birds in that pic are dead.
    Q: Sorry, but I can't stop laughing so I can't bid. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Stop laughing & bid!
    Q: As I understand this the Brass is upside down. If I buy this Brass will it work Rightside Up here in the States? As a final note I should mention your item will bring higher bids with the mention of the word "tactical." Brilliant work!!! Thanks and good luck! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Just the mention of the word "tactical" in Australia results in immediate inprisonment not to mention what eBay would do.
    Q: It says right above this box that "The user that you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language." Does primed mean the same thing in Australian English as it does in American English? Thanks. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Im not sure. Ive always wondered that if you Americans won the War of Independence, how come you speak English? This could throw a whole new light on things.
    Q: Nineteen11, if you come to the States, can I buy you a pint? Best ebay add I've ever seen. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Sure, A pint of CCI primers!
    Q: Peed my shreddies reading the ad, would this tarnish the brass? I presume there are no primers(!) but if there were would they still work if wet. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: What the heck is a shreddie? Are they allowed on eBay?
    Q: For the sake of Customs autorities in Canada, I need to be certain about the primers. If you haven't actually removed the primers, have you tested them to be certain they cannot be refired? Please understand safety should be our utmost concern. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: They have been removed and are now buried in a sealed lead container. Canada should sleep easier tonight.
    Q: So are you selling the nonprimers seperatly or what? Thank you for making my day, I look forward to more information on your nonprimed,primed but not encluded or was it the other way around. Im confused now. Do I need to email ebay to find out what happend to the primers on this item or what? ROFLMAO Rick Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: I think that we have clearly established that EVERYTHING on eBay is a NON PRIMER.
    Q: These items look like bombs. Are they bombs? Do you know what category Plutonium might be listed under? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No bombs Im afraid. Bombs are very very very bad, as opposed to primers & powder that are only very very bad. Plutonium is in the Disney section, he was Mickey's dog.
    Q: Sir, have you considered moving to Texas (USA)? We would welcome you with opens arms, lots of primers and other fun, non-banned toys that go bang, and help wean you off sedatives. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks jdrogie. If they sell for enough money I will certainly consider visiting Texas. Cheers & thanks for the invite.
    Q: Damn, I'm primed to send a donation for the laugh. Ditto to what the others said. Best ad ever! Pennsylvania Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Cool! Paypal me at hvclc@yahoo.com.au. Cheers!

cont...
    Q: G'Day Mate, I note with Great Anguish that even should I be the sucessful bidder that you will not ship out of your country. However in the intrest of my fellow marksmen I have a question on the notation that these "inert" rounds of brass, they are contained in a "STRIPPER" clip. Now I hope that you are not selling "sexually explesitive" material, can you please tell us what is ment by a "STRIPPER CLIP"? Thanks from the land of "The Free & The Home of the Brave". Have a G'Day and Keep The Chain Tight!" Shooterready. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Ive changed my overseas policy because of the great support that has come form the US of A. I will definitely ship outside of Australia. I should also note: There is nothing of an "adult" nature included in this auction. Cheers
    Q: Excuse me, but since this brass is in a "stripper" clip, shouldn't it be listed in the "Adult Audience" section? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Ssshhhhh. Don't tell eBay, the auction will get canned & I'll be suspended & it will all be your fault.
    Q: But, might someone with evil intent, size it, trim it, press a primer in the bottom, pour gunpowder down the throat and stick a .311 projectile in the top and make it go bang? I once saw a photo of Saddam Hussein holding up an SMLE No.1 Mk III*. I saw a video of him actually making it go bang! Imagine if Osama bin Laden got hold of this stuff. Next time I go to the range, I'll pick up all my brass and take it home so it doesn't fall into the hands of terrorists. Mark Thorp Denver, Colorado Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Good Idea Mark, we cant be too careful. I still think they qould make great wind chimes.
    Q: Is the stripper clip primed? Technically, if the stripper clip is thrown, is it not a projectile under ebay rulezzz? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: I think it would be classed as inert. I dont know. I might write them another email.
    Q: Have you thought of taking this show on the road? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Nah, it appears to have already gone global.
    Q: Does this brass contain peanut products or has it potentially come into contact with peanut products? Your disclaimer didn't mention this. Hang in there! PS: This email is unprimed, however I do have a box of primers in the next room so it may be contaminated with primers. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Ebay are the only peanuts to be feared in this auction.
    Q: G'DAY from Utah! Keep up the fight. Reminds me of India and the reason given for the lost stainless steel crowbar...termites ate it!! E-bay would also believe! best greg Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: I think that termites actually ate the primers and powder. If it wasnt the termites it would have been my Lee Enfield.
    Q: Sorry not even a real question, just want to see this could be the most famous Ebay auction I've heard of to date I read about it on an American millitary rifles forum. I don't understand ebay you can find people selling whole rifles piece by piece (stock, bolt, firing pin, triger, barrell, etc) and then they go after you for selling brass? It's like they are out to get you. Anyway keep up the good fight, thanks! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Its an Australian thing.
    Q: Is there any asbestos in the brass? Here in the U.S. it's a dangerous lung cancer causing powder. Perhaps you should mention the fact that the brass is asbestos free? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: My apologies for that. Yes, my brass is asbestos free. Also, I will accept a bid from the US if you want to now that you know its totally safe. Cheers.
    Q: THANKS for the funnest thing I have ever read, there are tears still running down my face...the greatest Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Im glad that you were not drinking then, a few have reported milk, soda & coffee coming out their noses. Im really glad I covered that in the disclaimer. Cheers
    Q: Could this "brass" possibly cause injury, say like if I put the small end on top of someone's head and hit the large end with a 9-pound hammer??? If so, could it be classified as a surgical instrument? A brain biopsy tool, perhaps? Judging by your e-mail exchanges with eBay, might be a useful tool. Then again, the prospect of finding any viable brain matter would be nil, I guess. Cheers from the States, Aussie!!! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: I think the brass is potentially dangerous if placed on a shelf above head height.
    Q: Hello from the US. Thanks for the info. I intend to list a brass kettle in the near future, and I will now be certain that I mention there are no primers, explosives, nor projectiles with my piece of brass. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Better mention that there is no boiling water in the dreadful kettle as well.
    Q: Hello, I have read your final disclaimer and terms and conditions with rapt attention. Would you mind sir, if I incorperated them in my auctions just to clarify for the less mentally aware, my terms. .schipperke Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Hey, why not? Cheers
    Q: Greetings from Texas... You are my hero! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thank you but Im not worthy.
    Q: If I win these, can I at least paint them with primer? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Yes.
    Q: I hope this auction brings you more dough than that stupid Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich. That's the funniest read I've had in a while. Good luck!! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks, me too. Quick! Call the Casino. Call Mr Heston! I take PayPal. I think someone should list "NO POWDER NO PRIMER" or "IVE GOT THE POWDER & PRIMER" T shirts. Id bid on one. Cheers.
    Q: Sir, with all due respect, I take exception with your comment about Montys' parrot... HE IS NOT DEAD! Uh... thankyouverymuch, respectfully, Elvis. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Sorry Elvis, Dang! the brass might be live after all by that logic!!!! Please say hi to Grandma for me. Cheers.
    Q: how can you confirm that this brass is really 303 years old? It looks new Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: G'day. Not 303 years old unless it camr thrpugh a Stargate prior to my owning it. It cant be new because if you refer to the emails NEW is BAD. Cheers
    Q: Is this auction for 303 Brass or just 5? I only see 5 pictured. False Advertising? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: I respectfully refer you to the Prod Harris quote in the postage instructions. Cheers
    Q: sir: I have no question. I live in dayton, ohio, united states, and I have not laughed so hard in months. I simply want to thank you for your exquisite writing skills. if I owned a .303 I would have to bid on the brass, but alas I do not. mike Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Mike, Bid on the brass & you have a reason to buy a 303. They are really cheap & make as much noise as the expensive ones! Cheers
    Q: Can I purchase inert, non-explosive, non-primed, never fired, copper and lead only, non-powder projectiles from you to go with these cases? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Technically yes, but actually, no. Yes because eBay hasnt banned that yet but "no" because I dont have any. Last time I saw them they were heading away from me at about 2600 fps. Keep an eye on my other auctions. Cheers

last few...
    Q: I think you should quit beating around the bush and come right out and answer the question that is on everyone's mind. Is this brass primed or not? Please, please, the suspense is killing me! I gots to know! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Nah, its not primed. Nope, not at all. No, no primers here Im afraid. WAIT!!!!! nope, false alarm, sorry. No primers.
    Q: I think I understand that it's inert, unprimed, non-explosive, fat-free brass - but what, exactly, is the brass made out of????? I am so confused by this, I feel I must send a resume to Ebay. :-> Thanks Kevin - Massachusetts, USA Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thank you Kevin. That is a very good question. I am advised that brass is usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc, however, I cannot guarantee that this brass is exactly that. Cheers.
    Q: YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD! I snorted Perrier all over it reading the item description. Thanks you for one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. I might just buy your "ammunition" even though I don't own a .303 just for the memory! Is it okay to smoke around it? (You didn't list whether it was okay or not.) Cheers! ..Joe Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Hi Joe, this situation is clearly covered under the milk coming out of your nose section of the disclaimer. Yeah, just buy it!!! Cheering!
    Q: do you ship the primers seperately? is that it? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: G'day Capt fantastic. No. Im afraid not. That would be bad. Cheers.
    Q: Dear Nineteen11, is this auction for live ammo? Sorry, my friend, I couldn't stand it. Your auction gave me the best laugh I have had in 10 years. THANKS! M1Lover Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Dear M1Lover, No, please send your resume to eBay. Cheers.
    Q: Dear sir, I cannot tell by reading your description of this item the following: can you please tell me whether or not this brass is primed? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: The brass is U N P R I M E D. Do you work for eBay perhaps????
    Q: Is the brass unprimed? LOL, I had to do that. Bud, I've been dealing with EBAY for many years and I have NEVER seen a better post. My hat is off to you sir! Good luck with the auction. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Unprimed, de-primed, ex-primed, non primed and totally dishwasher safe!
    Q: You had mentioned a dead parrot. Mine doesn't move either. Are you a veterenarian? By poor Skanky was British and I'd like to bury using the shells as canopic jars. Do you have lids? Pointy evil looking copper colored ones perhaps? Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Sorry for your loss. No, I eat meat as well. Check my other listing for bird food. It also has a disclaimer about no primer & powder. No pointy lids Im afraid. Cheers
    Q: If I bid on this, and win, for say 2 or 3 dollars, can I just pay for it and let you keep it so that I can leave you some good feedback? Like: SELLER DEFINITELY NOT PRIMED AND IS INERT A+++++++ This is one of the best auctions I've ever read. I'm sorry you have to deal with antis. Let me know, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: G'day f-46, thanks for the thought but I think you ahve to actually win to leave feedback. I will give second chance offers afterwards to all who make bids because I have lots of brass, no primers though. Cheers.
    Q: there is some ignorant or just plain dumb paople out there 1911,as regard to ammo ect.regards smogley.ps dont have any 1911 parts you whant to sell. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks Smogley, Yes, I dont. Cheers!
    Q: Does this conatain any peanuts? The disclaimer made no mention of this. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: No, but I can include them if you are the winning bidder.
    Q: Bravo! Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Amen!
    Q: Hello down there in the land of Oz: I haven't had such a good laugh in many a moon.I picked up on your battle with the morons at e-pay due to it's being posted on the Enfield Collectors Forum on britishguns.net. You might want to change your attitude re paypal and accept cash as do a lot of guys down your way though. PAYPAL sucks bigtime ! Keep up the good work and maybe get a job writing advertising copy on weekends. Best regards, John Robertson, Vancouver,B.C., CANADA. Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks John, I dont really understand the question but Ill try to answer it as best as can. Yes, I will accept a bid from overseas. Yes. Cheers.
    Q: Best eBay ad ever! Keep up the good work... Chris - Denver, Colorado USA Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks Chris, I will try to so long as I dont get suspended. Cheers.
    Q: hi there no i dont want to buy anything but wow did i have a great time reading the add lol kept me entertained for ages lol seeya Answered on Feb-17-05
    A: Thanks Mowerman, You should buy them anyway. You could make wind chimes or something. Cheers

He's back!
    The latest version of the auction is up at the moment, grab it quick before the thought police spot it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Excellent
    :D

Fantastic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Guys,

That auction item turns out to be someone selling U2 tickets valued at €1400 for a night of sex.

EBay seemingly don't want this kind of transaction on their files!!!

Cripes he must be really ugly! :)

Shar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thetered

I backed it the auctions up and I do have the questions for it,

here is the origional listing
    http://home.comcast.net/~epilicy3104/brass.htm

here is the questions that accompanied it
    http://home.comcast.net/~epilicy3104/questions.htm

here is the second listing
    http://home.comcast.net/~epilicy3104/newbrass.htm

which was pulled so fast there was no questions posted yet

and the 3rd which is currently up but I backed it up just incase it was pulled here
    http://home.comcast.net/~epilicy3104/3rdbrass.htm

He's back!!!

Selling a Collector's Edition of the world famous 303 brass.

He's also selling a Scrabble set.
    Look closely at the picture :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Epic ..aint it .. :D

Advertisement