Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going from one free trial to another...

Options
  • 18-02-2005 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

ok before anyone flames me for asking - this is just and enquiry!

has anyone successfully moved from one free BB trial to the next -
    I'm aware that its somewhere in the T&C's that you cannot do this but I have also heard rumors of people doing this.

The reason I ask is that my UTV contract ends soon and while I think they have provided a great service, I don't want to sign in for 12months, when Smart say they will cover my are this summer - so have people had experience of changing from one free trial to another?

If it just can't be done, I'll sign up for the 12months...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

given that they all seem to say something like "offer valid on all new broadband connections", I'm guessing you'd be told to stick it once they see your line is/was activated for bb under another provider.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ok before anyone flames me for asking - this is just and enquiry!

has anyone successfully moved from one free BB trial to the next -
    I'm aware that its somewhere in the T&C's that you cannot do this but I have also heard rumors of people doing this.

The reason I ask is that my UTV contract ends soon and while I think they have provided a great service, I don't want to sign in for 12months, when Smart say they will cover my are this summer - so have people had experience of changing from one free trial to another?

If it just can't be done, I'll sign up for the 12months...

I am not absolutely sure on this but I think someone posted here before that the only one you can have a free trial with having had one before is Eircom. Definitely second trials with any of the other isps is specifically ruled out. But ask carefullly before making any commitments!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

You can definitly get eircom after having UTV. We had UTV for three months and then switched to eircom for another 2 months. But you cant move on to EsatBT after that.

To get more than one free trial you have to start with UTV, and then go to Eircom. If you go to eircom first, you wont get any more trials, same with EsatBT.

The whole country is just waiting for Smart at this stage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I don't want to sign in for 12months

...? You have your 12 months when you join but after that you can leave with your (two) month(s) notice, as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

You can definitly get eircom after having UTV. We had UTV for three months and then switched to eircom for another 2 months. But you cant move on to EsatBT after that.

To get more than one free trial you have to start with UTV, and then go to Eircom. If you go to eircom first, you wont get any more trials, same with EsatBT.
    Thats a wee bit dodgy on the part of Eircom. Eircom control who gets a free trial and who doesn't since they are only supposed to offer the free trial to those who haven't had bitstream based DSL before. It seems like they themselves aren't playing by this rule and this could be considered discriminatory. No doubt ComReg will put an end to this practice soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement