Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old woman falls

Options
  • 18-02-2005 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Im just writing this for a general moan, Its not a case of should I talk to her or not, its just crap when this happens.

when I got on the bus today I walked down to the back and took a seat, and just in the seat in front of me I saw this amazing girl. I was looking at her every few mins not to get caught and she was doing the same and we would catch each other every so often. The bus ride is only 6 mins or so. But I got off before her and as I was walking away from the bus I walked by her window and I stopped and she stared and smiled, but as the muscles were just starting to tighten in in my face to smile back and old lady who was walking alongside me tripped and fell in her snot. I jumped to help her up and as I looked up the bus had pulled away. I bet I will never see her again. ****s sake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dude, there are only so many places you can look on a bus, even in 6 minutes.
    just admire the view

how was the lady, was she ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Yeah I did enjoy the view, but for her to make eye contact she had to turn her head 180 degrees. Yeah she was grand, just a bit dazed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

joe
    what exactly is your PI question?
    B

Why do old women fall? I dont know I thought this was a forum for conversation and discussing things that were bothering you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

But the main thing is you helped the old lady, so if the girl on the bus saw this she'll think you're great.

Anyway, well done for helping the old lady...it's onto the nice list for you !

• Advertisement

joejoem wrote:
    Why do old women fall? I dont know I thought this was a forum for conversation and discussing things that were bothering you.

it is
    if you have a personal issue to discuss....
    I don't see yours in this thread?
    if you are looking to discuss old women falling then there are other forums for that, this forum is for problems? what is yours?
    B

Fate is my problem, is there a spoon? Can we control our destiny? Surely we must have some control over what happens to us? CAn a window of oppertunity be opened and closed at the same time such as this? By willing something to happen such as another chance encounter,, is there any higher power which can grant this?
    In a single second when you make eye contact with someone, is it possible that time as it is stops, and for a brief moment your body becomes electrified while you catch a glimpse of a possible future? Or at that moment are you looking at an alternate reality? OR!!! Are you meeting someone with whoom you shared a great bond with in a previous life?

still no personal issue it that joe
    so of to Humanities
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

life is made up of billions of tiny choices, you had a choice help the lady or ignore her and keep looking at the girl.

You resisted temptation and did the christian thing, Baby Jesus would be proud of you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i refuse to post since this thread has been moved to humanities.

i will not be forced into a serious conversation.

• Advertisement

are you trying to say that you don't take PI seriously wwm
    I'm not even slightly impressed with that
    /me goes off to troll the work forum....

oh and joe
    I'm sure if she was on the same bus as you, then the chances of seeing her again may present itself - take advantage next time, I've never regretted anything I've done, only what I haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Are you a regular in taking that bus? Maybe the girl will take it again.
    Go on the same bus, the same day of the week, the same time.
    Maybe the girl will do the same? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

joejoem wrote:
    Why do old women fall?

LMFAO!!!!!!

AlcoholicA wrote:
    LMFAO!!!!!!

Yeah I thought that was funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I read somewhere that phenomena commonly described as poltergeists or similar can sometimes be expained away, or attempted to be rationalised, as being caused by frustrated sexual energy within a house. Perhaps the sexual charge generated between you and the random woman in the red dress on the bus sparked off in some kinetic way and knocked the poor old woman off her feet?

Or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're weak. You should have let the female perish on the sidewalk so that you could persue an attractive potential mate.

Isn't the more important question here... What in gods name are you doing on a bus for 6 minutes!!!! You were given legs weren't you? A 6 minute bus journey must take about 15 minutes to walk. FFS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

phlematic wrote:
    You're weak. You should have let the female perish on the sidewalk so that you could persue an attractive potential mate.

Exactly, the old woman is of no practical use to the human race anymore, other than to fall over and be picked up by fools... but if you had have mated with this new young woman, and produced offspring you would have prolonged the existence of the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Why do old women fall?

more of a science question really. the correct answer would be gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

look at it this way joe, how sh!t would you feel if you left the aul dear sprawled on the concrete and as a result the young babes expression turned to disgust as the bus pulled away.
    plus it means youl have an icebreaker next time you see her "jaysus did ye see that aul bags head bounce off the ground?"(makes ye wonder how im still single :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Maybe the old woman wasw jealous and fioled your flirting deliberately!

Twas probably just random tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The young woman would have thought "he let her perish just to look into my eyes for another three seconds. We must have babies..."

You made a decision that led to you not making babies. Your weak DNA will soon vacate the genepool.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was certain it was going to end with. "the old woman fell and I couldn't stop laughing at her, I looked up and the girl had a look of disgust on her face, appalled at me"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement