Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling DMZ, how bad?

Options
  • 17-02-2005 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

The only way i can seem to get my router to work is by enabling DMZ, is this ok if i run a firewall with it or is it a no no? I have tried forwarding the ports and all that but no joy. It was actually working for about a week and then stopped. I turned off everything like Norton and my firewall just to see if that made a difference but it didnt. Its wrecken my head!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

A restart of both modem and router in that order may be all you need. DMZ exposes all your ports and is generally not advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

will try that now, cheers mate

Nope didnt work, grrr..... might try resest both but i hate all that setting up that got to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

if it was working its probably the software thats gone tits up.

if you dont know how to remove any rules youve made its probably to uninstall your security stuff, delete their folders and then reinstall

So u mean uninstall my firewall and norton? Didnt bother resetting the router and modem cause i couldnt be assed. So azuerus is running ok because i have dmz enabled.

btw i agree snarf it, but pity its down :p

• Advertisement

yep,

its unlikely that the router has gotten messed up.
    reinstall norton, [after completely removing it] and see how it goes
    try everything while norton is off the system aswell
    thatll show if its actually norton or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

apeking wrote:
    So u mean uninstall my firewall and norton? Didnt bother resetting the router and modem cause i couldnt be assed. So azuerus is running ok because i have dmz enabled.

btw i agree snarf it, but pity its down :p

Bittorent downloads only work properly with DMZ enabled as its the only way that i know that allows you to establish remote connections as well as local. Otherwise the data transfer is slower.

Infini wrote:
    Bittorent downloads only work properly with DMZ enabled as its the only way that i know that allows you to establish remote connections as well as local. Otherwise the data transfer is slower.
    www.portforward.com :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Thanks, mate! :D

Advertisement