Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Bar... For Shame

• 16-02-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

So I was in the Old Bar yesterday during the day and had a fight with one of the barmen...

Ya know the Italian guy Claudio? (think that's his name, that's what came up on the till)

Anyways so being poor I decided to have a pint of Fosters (cos it's only 3 quid) and as you know the Fosters tap is like one of the T-Bar taps the "trendy" pubs have ie instead of the trays being hidden behind the tap bank they're on their own seperate stands and you can easily see the trays and what those nasty barmen are putting into your pint.

So anyways I'm standing there and, after working in a pub myself for too long, I was doing what I always do when I get a drink and watching him like a hawk to see what he was doing with it. Lo and behold he picks up a glass with some SLOPS in the bottom of it.

Now I've seen this done before, usually it's just a bit they poured off the last pint cos the head was going too big and it's perfectly fresh, BUT there just happened to be 3 identical glasses lined up under the tap.

Me being the sarky f**ker I am said to him "here, can I have a pint without any slop in it" and he went F**KING BERSERK.

Starts giving me all this BS about how it's "F**KING FRESH, DON'T BE F**KING COMPLAINING".

I refused to take the pint off him until he pulled me a completely fresh pint and ended up just telling him to f**k off and in the end he poured me the fresh pint.

So let this be a lesson to all of you.

When you're getting your drinks in the Old Bar (and indeed most other pubs) make sure you watch what's going into your drink and don't be afraid to complain if you see them doing anything dodgy with them. If they go berserk at you like this twonk did ask for the manager, if that doesn't do it don't be afraid to kick up a fuss.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Fair play for standing up for yourself.

I like the old bar.

I'd say the bloke was prolly jus under a lot of stress.

But, meh, you got your pint in the end eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

tis a well known fact amongst anyone who has ever had a pint in the Hub that they serve more slops than anything else, tis a mad place. just think of it as a beer tasting and youre grand.

trust me, my best mate was a barman there 2nd and 3rd year and ive had many many pints of the slops. i like them at this stage. €3 for multiple types of beer? bargain imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Jesjes wrote:

I'd say the bloke was prolly jus under a lot of stress.

He's the same guy who served out a pint of cider with some lager "remnants" in it to one of my friends last year.

Wasn't a one time thing...

:eek:

Advertisement