Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mustard :eek:

Options
  • 16-02-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

mustard makes my tounge go funny *yuck*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Then remove it and get a new tongue so you can experience the joys of mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

woosaysdan wrote:
    mustard makes my tounge go funny *yuck*
    You do know that there is more than one type of mustard right? RIGHT?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

That's true, I tried Colman's English Mustard and hated it! It tastes like what I imagine petrol to taste like.
    Then I tried some Dalkey Mustard and loved it! Gorgeous. Too bad I found out there's honey in it, because I'm a vegetarian and can no longer eat it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Wholegrain mustard is the way forward. I reserve the powdered stuff for meat and use the wholegrain in sandwiches.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Daelus wrote:
    That's true, I tried Colman's English Mustard and hated it! It tastes like what I imagine petrol to taste like.
    Then I tried some Dalkey Mustard and loved it! Gorgeous. Too bad I found out there's honey in it, because I'm a vegetarian and can no longer eat it. :(

I've tasted leaded, unleaded petrol, diesel and parafin, and Colman's English Mustard tastes nothing like them.
    Leaded and diesel taste the best by the way, unleaded tastes horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Daelus wrote:

Eh just out of curiosity why not eat honey because you are vegetarian? Surely you mean you are vegan if you wont eat honey?
    Honey is just processed nectar which makes it a vegetarian product and not bees blood or their internal organs or something.
    Sorry I dont understand your reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Agree with Blub, since when is Honey non Vegetarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I don't know, I was researching for a vegetarian project, and I read somewhere that it's not suitable for vegetarians. I think it contains some sort of animal product.

I could be wrong. I only recently stopped eating it. I never had much of it anyway.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and maybe it meant it's not suitable for Vegans. A lot of places use the terms interchangeably.

EDIT 2: Here is a site I found which says that honey is essentially bee vomit. I'm not really sure though.

EDIT 3: I actually just found the official vegetarian society site which says:

"Is honey acceptable to vegetarians?"
    "Yes, Although royal jelly is not vegetarian, honey is fine."

Well, now I feel stupid. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Daelus wrote:
    EDIT 2: Here is a site I found which says that honey is essentially bee vomit. I'm not really sure though.
    Next time my girlfriend is eating honey on toast I'm just saying "mmm bee vomit, tasty". and running

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭acri

wow, a whole thread dedicated to mustard. what a time to be alive. actually, i was an avid mustard hater up until last monday. it was a mediocre day if i correctly recall. i was in centra, and mistakenly purchased a dog dog, thinking it was a extra large sausage roll. as i look down at the delicious morsel in my hand (haha!), i take a bite, only to be mildly suprised. i gaze at the hot dog in confusion, and then i chew. an explosion of flavour filled my mouth. i chewed some more, and it was good. the yellowy golden haze in the choux pastry smiling in the sun....

so yeah, mustards nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

acri wrote:
    wow, a whole thread dedicated to mustard. what a time to be alive. actually, i was an avid mustard hater up until last monday. it was a mediocre day if i correctly recall. i was in centra, and mistakenly purchased a dog dog, thinking it was a extra large sausage roll. as i look down at the delicious morsel in my hand (haha!), i take a bite, only to be mildly suprised. i gaze at the hot dog in confusion, and then i chew. an explosion of flavour filled my mouth. i chewed some more, and it was good. the yellowy golden haze in the choux pastry smiling in the sun....

so yeah, mustards nice.

Touching.

Another soul saved

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and just in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

me no like mustard.
    /walks away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yeah, you'd better run!