Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Goonies

Options
  • 16-02-2005 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I love this film its a classic. Read somwehere that there is plans for a sequel with the kids as adults. Any one know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

yeah heard something about a sequel, but its been talked about for a few years now,
    goonies never gets repeats on tv in the same way other kids classics like indiana jones back to the future, or star wars has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Hi All

I bought this on DVD late last year and enjoyed it every bit as much as I did the first time round. It's such a classic.

I hope they don't do a remake with the adults, I think it will be a big mistake!

S

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

"Hey you guys" - Sloth rocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i got my daughter into it perswaded her to get it(she had vouchers for virgin) and we've watched it so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Best Movie Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I want to know why the Octopus scene was removed for the European release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I want to know why the Octopus scene was removed for the European release

from www.dvdcompare.net

R2 United Kingdom - (Warner Bros Home Entertainment) Commentaries:Audio Commentary by Director Richard Donner and Selected Cast Members (with Hidden 'Video Treasures') Extras:"The Making Of The Goonies" featurette (7mins)
    Music Video:
    - Cyndi Lauper "The Goonies 'R' Good Enough" (12mins)
    Outtakes (7mins)
    Theatrical Trailer (3mins)Subtitles:Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, English, English HoH, French, German, Italian, Italian HoH, Portuguese, Romanian and SpanishPicture format:2.35:1 Anamorphic PAL Soundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 5.1
    French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
    Italian Dolby Digital 1.0 MonoCase type:Amaray (Keep) CaseNotes:***Initial Pressings were CUT, the Audio was 2.0 Surround and the Commentary (whilst listed on the menus) didn't work. Subsequent Pressings are UNCUT, the Audio is 5.1 and they contain a working Audio Commentary.
    To distinguish between the two, look at the Audio Box on the Back Cover. If it states 2.0 Surround the DVD is CUT and is the malfunctioning Disc; if it states 5.1 the DVD is UNCUT and is the corrected Disc.***
    Special thanks to Rewind user offspringboy for this information.

**If you buy the Disc from a shop that removes the Discs from their Cases (ie. some stores like Woolworths and BlockBuster), be wary that they may give you the WRONG DVD.**

***Audio and Language Specs TBC.***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

It is one of my favourite movies of all time ... I got it for Chrimbo & it's rarely left the DVD player since!!

Did anyone notice the extra scenes in the DVD ... mostly involving Chunk saying sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Absolute classic.
    Hope they dont make part 2.

Check out this link for a nice photo of the cast as they are now

http://oregon.pacificnorthwestmovies.com/TheGoonies2/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    Did anyone notice the extra scenes in the DVD ... mostly involving Chunk saying sh!t
    Wouldn't know.... my disc was faulty! :( Gotta send it back!

It was pretty much set in stone about a year back that they're not making a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Was looking at that pic of the cast, and was trying to work out who joe grin was in the front with the blue shirt. Didn't realise it was chunk :)

Absolute classic - completely under rated by most people.

(I was a master at the truffle shuffle in school)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

classic.. :D

got the DVD myself a few weeks back.

please dont make the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

A sequel would SUCK! What a classic film... I used to actually be scared of the Mom... what a freak! She was later in "Throw my momma from the train" with Danny DiVito and Billy Crystal, anyone remember that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Throw Momma From The Train' was brillant too.... Danny deVito and Bill Crystal should have made more films together. They were brillant together in that!

Advertisement