Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from EsatBB freebie to NTL

Options
  • 16-02-2005 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Had a quick root thru the board but couldn't find an answer to my query which is;

I have a month to go on my EsatBT trial and am thinking of switching to NTL. On their website NTL have an offer for the 1st 3 months free but certain "Terms & Conditions" apply. Unsurprisingly enough I could not locate these T&Cs on the web.

Does anybody know if you are excluded from the 3 months free with NTL if you have previosuly had an Eircom/UTV/EsatBT broadband freebie ???

The current UTV freebie offer excludes you if you phone line is BB enabled but I guess NTL don't give a feck about that as they come in on the cable.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cgf wrote:
    Does anybody know if you are excluded from the 3 months free with NTL if you have previosuly had an Eircom/UTV/EsatBT broadband freebie ???
    Nope. As long as you are a new NTL BroadBand customer you get the 3 months free. You're locked into a 12 month contract from the start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

you know you have to be in one of the pretty rare NTL broadband areas right cgf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

LadyLotts wrote:
    you know you have to be in one of the pretty rare NTL broadband areas right cgf?

Give them a ring on 1800 234 234 to check availability before you cancel anything cfg.

Ladylotts - the areas are a lot less rare than they were in the past!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

crawler wrote:
    Give them a ring on 1800 234 234 to check availability before you cancel anything cfg.

Ladylotts - the areas are a lot less rare than they were in the past!

Be careful as the website is showing bb as being available to everyone at the moment and it isnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

with ESAT myself and thinking of changing. Was going to NTL by seriously thinking of Smart.

Just rang ESAT to see what new packages they might have, and yer one said that they have new products launching in early March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Rang them and double checked on the web wrt availability and it seems i'm covered.

Ta.

Advertisement