Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider without 12 month contract?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Am thinking of signing up for the SMART broadband which doesn't arrive in my area until july/Aug. I am in the middle of an ESAT free trial which 'expires' in May. If I stay with ESAT I am subject to a 12 month contract which I don't want.

Are there any broadband providers (IBB Ripwave excluded) that do not require a 12 month contract??

Here's hoping!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Nope - sorry, was about to say Ripwave biggrin.gif
    All of the companies seem to have only 12 or 24 month contracts for their services - have you tried subscribing to a second free trial from another company? (Not sure if this is allowed, but its worth a try)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

http://www.netsource.ie/ have a month to month contract I believe.

Update: Just checked and they do have a 12 month contract :( I'm sure there was 1 isp that didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

just switch to UTV 3 month free trial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

egan007 wrote:
    just switch to UTV 3 month free trial

I'm pretty sure you can't trial hop like that. But if you can, then go for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Netsource have a 2 month rolling contract on the Origin Plus package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

^^^ setup is a bit steep though. Best go with either the Esat or Eircom trial..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

My eircom trial finishes next week, anyone know if I can get an esat one after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

no. i rang them up and they said that you cant get a free trial coz you already got one from one provider. she said its 'government polocy'. i rang up eircom after i found out and asked them to un cancel my subsription. the bloke told me i couldnt un cancel, but to wait ten days and try and order another free trial.

I was like how can you get two free trials from the same provider.
    He said that 'well some of my mates got it twice'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Serbian wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you can't trial hop like that. But if you can, then go for it ;)

you can do - i'm in the process - you need A LOT of patience

• Advertisement
Advertisement