Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another rant.

Options
  • 15-02-2005 7:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have ben reading some horror stories here on boards about eircom and esat etc.
    Recently our exchange has been upgraded for DSL so i ordered from both eircom and esat 2 weeks ago with the view of whoever gets their ass in gear the quickest gets my money.
    Eircom gave me a date of the 22nd Feb.
    I rang esat to see if they could shed any light on my 2 week old order and the muppets had lost my order :(
    Next up my friend ordered from eircom the day after i ordered and was given the 15th Feb [today] for his install,i wasnt impressed.
    Meanwhile my friend took a call from eircom on Saturday asking if he would be home at 9am on 15th [today] for his install,he took the day off work.
    9am came and went,3 pm came and went still no sign so he rang eircom and they were no help saying all they know is an engineer should be with him today.
    Both of us have isdn therefore need an engineer install.
    The last two mornings i hear on Pat Kenny show all about eircom dragging their heals,yeah yeah we have heard it all before as im sure similar threads have been posted here too.
    What a bloody joke to put it mildly,i fear my 5 year wait will go on longer ,im convinced when they ever get to call to my house my line will fail on the day.
    Im sick to death of both esat and eircom and the way in which the conduct their business,to make it worse some of my onlin mates in Uk ar bragging that this week they get a free upgrade from their 1 meg BT line to a 2 meg .
    I mean we are very definitely living in the IT third world in this god forsaken country and to hear that eircom director or whatever he calls himself on our airwaves saying this country is at the forefront in Europe and that eircom are pumping money into their infrastrucure , FFS to be honest :(
    Will i ever get so called broadband i ask myself surely 512k is not much to ask for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

thats balls
    Good luck with the wait, some of the horror stories i have heard about eircon are unbelievable!
    unfortunately, waiting that long for 512kbps is a bit of a joke.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dcully wrote:
    I have ben reading some horror stories here on boards about eircom and esat etc.
    Recently our exchange has been upgraded for DSL so i ordered from both eircom and esat 2 weeks ago with the view of whoever gets their ass in gear the quickest gets my money.

I have no wish to excuse either Eircom or Esat but you are making trouble for yourself by ordering from the two companies at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You could be correct ,im going to cancel the esat order tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Welcome to the club, mate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I rang esat this morning to cancel and would you believe they have no reference to any order from me even after i re-ordered when they said they lost first order.
    I really hope some esat people read through these threads cos they are a bunch of bloody muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

Dcully wrote:
    I rang esat this morning to cancel and would you believe they have no reference to any order from me even after i re-ordered when they said they lost first order.
    I really hope some esat people read through these threads cos they are a bunch of bloody muppets.
    Heheh, wait till you get your bill from them! They'll remember then

Advertisement