Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those wooden beads..

Options
  • 14-02-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

What are people oppinions on these? I recently started hanging out with some guys from school and they all wear them. They're all really cool, and look even better. I have a silver neck chain, but I wanna replace it with wooden beads. I bought a bracelet, but it broke, and I'm planning on getting another. Just wanna know peoples oppinions on them.

And btw, I'm not picking this style cause it's theirs, cause I've always wanted it, but never had the balls to change..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I recently made the change from a neck chain to beads and now I wear them all the time, I guess you could say there my lucky beads. lol!

I bought them in TopMan, I think they look way cooler and the girls ive been with all seem to prefer them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

That's what I'm hoping will happen! :D

I buy mine from the stalls on Grafton street and O'connell bridge. I prefer to help out the little man, rather than the big companies.. But that's just me. I pay 3 euro for a bracelet, and 4-5- euro for a neck one. What's the prices in topman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I got three necklace/beads for €7. Buying them off O'Connell Street, sounds a bit better, and cheaper too.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Did you haggle him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

pfft, I totally set that trend. I've been wearing wooden beads for so long it's laughable, theyre pretty hot on guys though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

"I've been wearing wooden beads for so long it's laughable"

How is it laughable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Shrimp wrote:
    "I've been wearing wooden beads for so long it's laughable"

How is it laughable?
    'Cause she looks so bad with them.

hhhhaaaaaaa.... good one............. NO.. :cool:

It's laughable because usually people grow out of wearing a certain type of style, I have yet to grow out of wearing beads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

they look really sexy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Baaa baaaaa

wicklow-mountains-sheep-58.4.jpg

pfft, just cos YOU don't have any beads!

Rozabeez wrote:
    pfft, just cos YOU don't have any beads!

Yeah, I should really start copying other people 'cos I think they look cool.

Of course you should! But eh...then wooden beads arent the way to go, wear wooden beads cos you like the fell of them, say if you don't like wearing metal or something? I prefer wooden bead, plastic and stones cos I like how they feel, chains annoy me.

This is not the only thread where people seem to think that the only reason people get the thing they do is for a trend and to look cool. Weather that is the case or not is irrelivent. I mean, in my opinion I think beads look grand on guys and girls, not all though. I have a set and I wear them.

But what I really have a problem with is, you have these other people who come in here and say that we are all sheep and we are following the pack, but infact they are the ones that are saying this, to be cool, and different, trying to get noticed by having a "radical" opinion. If you have a problem with something, but it's not really affecting you or harming you, then dont slag it.

Simple!

I recently started hanging out with some guys from school and they all wear them. They're all really cool, and look even better.

I think this is pathetic. Nowhere did I say I'm cool by having a radical opinion. It's not exactly radical is it? To call ye sheep because you're brain washed into buying something by similarly brain washed gimps. Much in the same way The Poncho happened.

All humans are sheep. Just pointing it out.

Nothing posted on these boards "affects" me. So should I just stop posting my opinion all together?

Dr. Loon wrote:

So you're a self-confessed sheep.

No. I'm an exception to the rule. There's a few of us about. I'm a "black sheep". You're a standard white sheep... but essentially nobody is unique. You are more un-unique than others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

was wearing one for the past year... but i kept chewing on it and it broke >_<

yeah, Mine isn't lose enough to chew on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I think they look way cooler and the girls ive been with all seem to prefer them!

Yep, I def think guys who wear beads r so much nicer than just a boring neckchain. :cool: You're on the right track :p

I'm always on track baby.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I wasn't talking to you "baby"!, I was talking to Trust_no_one! The cheek.... :rolleyes:

:p i'm kidding..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dr. Loon wrote:
    No. I'm an exception to the rule. There's a few of us about. I'm a "black sheep". You're a standard white sheep... but essentially nobody is unique. You are more un-unique than others though.

A black sheep is still a sheep.

Sangre wrote:
    A black sheep is still a sheep.

Holy shít you're right! Don't miss a thing do ya?
    me wrote:

i got some really nice ones of the sliver stand in liffey valley(not bad price wise either) 4 euros.

i seen some that looked really bad in riverisland in the mens part

yeah, some look completly crap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dr. Loon wrote:
    No. I'm an exception to the rule.

Do you always contradict yourself this much Dr. Loon?

• Advertisement

yes he does but thats why we love beads

Advertisement