Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

afraid of the dentist!!!

Options
  • 14-02-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

could anyone tell me of a good dentist in cork or surrounding area, one that would preferably knock the patient out first? sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I use Hilary Hogan on Boreenmanna Road, find him quite good. Dunno whether he'll knock you out, but I guess you could ring and ask.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mememe

cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Just make sure you get lots of anastetic right into the nerve and they give it plenty of time to work. Takes a while to wear off though. I was in the cinema the other week and they thought I had a lisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I go to D.P. Fenn on Sheares Street, opposite Fenn's Quay restaurant. He took out 2 wisdom teeth for me over a year ago, and it was easy. He knows what he's at. I don't know if he'd put you out though. He's good enough that he probably doesn't need to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I had to get an upper wisdom tooth pulled and like you was petrified at the thought. I'd rather have stayed with the pain. Went to the guy in Broadale, Maryborough Hill and I'm delighted I did. I asked to be knocked out but was told I couldnt be because, quite simply, they dont knock people out!

A couple of very quick & painless injections into my gum deadened it for ages while the tooth itself only took about 30 seconds to remove. Absolutely no pain but it's an odd sensation having it pulled. Quite satisfying if truth be told.

Go to this guy. he wont knock you out but you wont feel a thing. He's also a dead on guy to boot. After experiencing it, I really dont know what all the worrying was for...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Heh, I had all four out recently, got it done in the Mercy under general anaesthetic. Sole trader, so no PRSI, so it saved me a fortune because getting it done under GA was covered under the VHI. And it didn't hurt like hell like everyone said it would -- sore tongue for a day or so for some bizarre reason and general aches in me chest and shoulders (which provoked visions of people standing on my chest trying to yank out the teeth), but apart from that all ok. The staff in the Mercy were brilliant too, made it almost a pleasure getting it done.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Theres an Orthodontist not far from UCC down the Western Road. Its a pink building. I hate dentists tho but this one is good. My brother and sister got braces there. Well worth a visit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dahamsta wrote:
    Heh, I had all four out recently,
    adam

toothless old git... :D

Advertisement