Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

place to stay near kilbarry?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiya!
    I have to work in Kilbarry, Waterford next month. Does anybody know somewhere decent (hotel) to stay near Kilbarry. Or if I stayed in Waterford City is it far out? i.e. how long would it take for me to get there in the mornings???

thanks a mil!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kilbarry is on the edge of waterford so just find any old hotel in the city. It'll only take 10-15 mins to get there from the centre. Actually the Waterford Manor Hotel might be your best best, its outside Waterford on the Old Kilmeaden Rd which puts you on the right side of town for a quick commute (5 mins at most!).

http://ireland.bookassist.com/waterfordmanorhotel.html

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Mike are you out of your mind haaa, kilbarry is where waterford crystal factory is, on the main cork road into the city. On that stretch o road are numerous B&B's not to mention the travel lodge, Jesus even staying in the tower hotel would be much much nearer than the old manor hotel, which is about 5 miles outside waterford city on the other side of the city altogether..would be a llong hike to get to work from there, even if you had a car. (think of the traffic in flowing to and from the industrial, the college and waterford crystal, one of the busiest thorofares in waterford city)

*actually there is another other hotel on the same stretch of road, just behind the travel lodge, MCginty's I think, just off the roundabout.

unless of course your working on the butlerstown side of kilbarry.
    givus more info on where you will be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

solas wrote:
    unless of course your working on the butlerstown side of kilbarry.
    givus more info on where you will be working.

Y'know your more right than I am, I had a brainwave and thought more of the Dump area ie get to it via the back of Ballybeg very quick but if its the Glass factory or similair then yes theres a motel on the Cork rd by Woodies/McDonalds

http://waterford.goireland.com/scripts/low/xq/asp/areaid.195/areatype.C/cat.1/SubjectID.65/PremisesID.2265/qx/premises.htm

Mike.

well..it does encompass the dump area too, thats only across the road from the WC factory. AFAIK, from the regional sports centre (kilbarry) between both tramore road and cork road is kilbarry and extends some distance out the cork road.

Not sure if the WC social and sports centre (about a mile further out the road) is technically kilbarry more like ballinaneasagh and staying in the old manor might be accesible in that instance, but travel lodge and mcGinty's are much more convenient (and cheaper)

• Advertisement
Advertisement