Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good medium in munster region??

Options
  • 14-02-2005 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

hello all,
    i'm looking for a good medium and or psychic in the munster region.. cork would be the handiest ... but would travel to go to the best one.
    i've been to the white witch and was not impressed.

bye

frith
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I dunno really, I'm sure there must be lots of them out there but they don't generally advertise. My mother visited a lady in carlow recently (medium) she thought she was very good, will get the details later.

funny bout the white witch tho :)
    (not sure she consideres herrself a medium, more psychic stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Frith

sorry about that .. not very clear.. only went to WW as a psychic but was not impressed... and i know people who thought she was wonderful. I often wonder is it that she can only read some people or is that some people give too much away..

bye

I dunno, my mother went to see her too :rolleyes: a couple of years ago and basically told her that she had married into a curse that went back a thousand years on my fathers side and sent her off to another "psychic" to have it removed.
    I felt it was all money orientated at the time, but she said the second woman didn't charge for her services..so I don't know. Not into witches much really.
    My mother is like a walking directory, has been to see lots of different categories of "psychics" in both ireland and england, hence my own "interest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

there was a time when there was no difference between witches and mediums and psyhics. Any sort of abiltie would have a person named as a witch.

how would you differenciate them Solas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Frith wrote:
    I used to know a black witch, though she prefered the term "African American" herself.

• Advertisement

sorry about that, I didn't mean it in a derogatory way. I would agree that all psychics and mediums or people with extra sensory abilities could all fall within the witch category, wasn't making a judgment call. I'm just feeling a little apathetic toward any of those categories at the moment.
    I would think that many of my friends are witches, they practisse natural magik, like they have crystals and make sure they energise them under the full moon, or they celebrate particular festivals by doing little dances (did one with them once, which made me laugh uncontrollably, was fun) my mother would consider herself a witch in a way and she might have something to say about me speaking not so highly of "witches" heh..(she'll be off to dublin next week to study palm reading). She would correct me and say that all healers are witches or go into detail abut how midwives were considered witches and how they were burned for their acts of goodness in the past...yada yada
    In fact she bought me several sets of tarot cards and a crystal ball and a few "spell books" (tatiana harding) years ago when I felt a spark of interest and in some ways we walked that spiritual path together for some time..so it's not that I'm not aware of the nature of the craft..I'm just not into it.

truthfully..I think I've met a lot of people who empowered themselves this way and after being around them for sometime I realised thats not who I want to be, there seems to be a lot of manipulative thinking or just too much thinking involved, and very little purity of thought...and very little freedom.
    It's all seems to be about control. Taking control or being in control..and I'm not up for that. I don't think life can be controlled tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I don't agree with that definition of "witch" much, but I don't dislike it as much as many witches would. I do object to "white" being used that way though.

I think thats just the title she goes by ( I doubt she has a plaque outside her house that says "WHITE WITCH OF CORK"... anyhow.. don't know who gave her the title, but she will always be known as the white witch of cork I suppose.
    I'd appreciate your definition of witch tho. (who better to give a definition of what a witch is than a witch themselves?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Frith

hello all
    white witch.. black witch.. who cares... what i wanted was a recommendation for a medium or psychic. I totally believe we are all spirits and can get in touch ourselves with time and practice. i just need a little help and the "white witch " did not help.
    i was told "i was very close to my mother" when i said she had been dead for years... she said... "oh i know that dearie.. but she's all around you"
    i don't doubt that she is .. but i didn't buy it from your one

bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

solas wrote:
    I'd appreciate your definition of witch tho. (who better to give a definition of what a witch is than a witch themselves?)

Well they say if you get 3 pagans togehter you can get 5 opinions so this is
    not that staright forward and seems to be off topic.

Firth wrote:
    white witch.. black witch.. who cares... what i wanted was a recommendation for a medium or psychic.

• Advertisement

medium in kilnenny/carlow is Maura Gaegan (sp?), she has a book available at the mo and has been doing some promotional stuff on tv and radio. Number available (via PM)

the white witch in cork is called Helen Barrett btw :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

From recent posts, if anyone wants to work as a psychic or medium it seems cork is the place to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

she'll be off to dublin next week to study palm reading

Does palm reading actually work? Someone freaked me out today with a palm reading.

I had a palm reading done years ago, some people are just naturally inclined and pick up information that way. There are methods to it which can be learned (Palmistry, Chiromancy or Chierology) and make it a little more clinical.
    I recently visitied the same reader not too long ago and its been about 9 years since my first reading with him, can't say the original was all very accurate (things have changed over the years) but was inspiring at the time.
    I think the thing with any reader/readings is that when certain information from the past comes up and can be validated, the conviction causes people place as much trust that the information regarding the future will be as accurate, which is not always the case.
    Remember that in life, we have free will. If something comes up in a reading that you don't like, you have the power to change it. Psychic readings can be helpful, in that they can alert us to potential problems and obstacles, but they cannot dictate how our lives will go. They can only show us how things will be if circumstances continue on their present path, if nothing is done to change the course of events. WE are in charge of our own destinies. WE have the power to change. As situations change, so do the readings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biscuitbum

:)
    Frith wrote: »
    hello all,
    i'm looking for a good medium and or psychic in the munster region.. cork would be the handiest ... but would travel to go to the best one.

bye

frith
    :D
    :P hello ther im new to this network..i myself do medium readings..if interested/live in fermoy town.jst reading adverts here and very interesting conversations on witches..i believe in keeping it simple.its the small messegaes from past ones that make the difference.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Hi, try Rory Bates in Clonmel - unbelievable - waiting list of 2 or 3 months but well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brian1977

hi is it possible to private me the number for rory bates?

Advertisement