Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brookfield Hall Network

Options
  • 14-02-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everybody I am Erasmus student from France... living for semester in Brookfield. I've an internet connection there but I can't do anything else than surfing and downloading from HTTP. :eek:
    I'm webmaster in France and used to use P2P to share open source ( not at all of course ) software from the website of php script that I'm in charge. Upload, FTP, ... etc... I can do anything , is there something in settings or not? My upload is near 1ko/s, what happened, a broadband connexion is not only to download....

Thanx for your answer to help me
    I already tried to use HTTP Tunnel however it didn't work.

Sorry for english mistake and see you

elbarjo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I lived in brookfield last semester. As far as I know they blocked FTP connections to outside servers, a few of us asked for it to be unblocked but they didn't do anything about it. When I was there bit torrent worked and a few other things like Kazza. FTP works internally on the network but that's not what your looking for.

You could try asking the management again but they probably won't do anything about it.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

Bah, downloading programs worked up until 2-3 days ago, now they keep trying to connect but can never do so....I'm guessing they've blocked them somehow, but would there be any way of getting around that? :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Reese wrote:
    Bah, downloading programs worked up until 2-3 days ago, now they keep trying to connect but can never do so....I'm guessing they've blocked them somehow, but would there be any way of getting around that? :mad:

Same as college - blocking peer to peer. Dunno how to get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Why dont you just ask them to open the port for you.

i believe that you can still scp stuff in and out.

I live in groody .

i just asked and they opened the port simple

Umm, I'm really really really thick when it comes to stuff like this, but what reasoning would you give for opening up a port??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ftp access to your website, for work. I dunno...tis all about teh 'BS' :)

Hmm, must come up with good BS in that case, I need my dling privilages back, however will I watch Lost without it?!?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Its Back????????????????

Yup, seems to be, not complaining here anyhoo :D

Advertisement