Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSl Filter - where to buy?

Options
  • 13-02-2005 8:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering where I can get a DSL filter like the one you get with the netopia from eircom because I broke the one I got. I have single filters but I need to have my sky plugged in to the telephone line too or they'll probably find an excuse to bill me more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you can get away with usuing a conventional phone splitter

just put the splitter directly into the wall
    connect the netopia directly into the splitter (no filter needed)
    plug the filter into the other socket in the splitter
    plug the phone, or subsequent phones into the filter, you can add another splitter into the filter for phones if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC, you can get Eircom to send them out to you. Not sire if it costs, but knowing Eircom, it does. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have splitters coming out of my ass and the only way I could get it to work was modem to filter to phone line direct so I was looking for the 2 way filter as it seemed like the only way to get it to work.
    you can get away with usuing a conventional phone splitter

just put the splitter directly into the wall
    connect the netopia directly into the splitter (no filter needed)
    plug the filter into the other socket in the splitter
    plug the phone, or subsequent phones into the filter, you can add another splitter into the filter for phones if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

sounds messed up!

IIRC, the purpose of the filter is to prevent the phone signal, disrupting the DSL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement