Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Slow in Galway??

Options
  • 13-02-2005 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

Over the passed week i have noticed netsource being very slow as regards downloads and video streaming in Galway (Mervue) exchange. My downloads are MAX 15 kB'sec and video streaming will just not work but if i download 3 files simultaneously it does all of them at 15kB'sec so i do seem to have the 512 but just not for 1 file or streaming.....

The point im getting at is this a new tactic on the part of Netsource? I asked them and they said they dont do throttling anymore. They also said they cannot find any issues on my line and have logged a call with eircom. They were quite good about the whole thing but i am slowly getting peeved off.

Also when i do a DSL speed check on www.beelinebandwidthtest.com im getting 15kB/sec also whereby last week i was getting 50+ and also tried it on my dads BB at the same time and he got great results (IOL).

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Disregard previous post.....changed MTU on router from 1492 to 1272 and sorted it out.....

Advertisement