Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a silencer online

Options
  • 13-02-2005 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

I just noticed a .22 slincer( i know my barrels nedd to be threaded an that) on www.deben.com. going for cheap.
    Can i just order it in or do i need to go through complex procedure with the Gardai to get it shipped in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

E@gle. wrote:
    I just noticed a .22 slincer( i know my barrels nedd to be threaded an that) on www.deben.com. going for cheap.
    Can i just order it in or do i need to go through complex procedure with the Gardai to get it shipped in.

Actually works out €1.50 dearer than here when VAT and shipping is included. Moderators are available here for €45 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Any idea how much it costs to get the barrells threaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

You REALLY need a machine shop/gunsmith who knows what they are doing!This isnt a "Jert" the FAS apprentice job.anyway out your bullets will kiss off the can and keyhole ,at worst blow the can off the barrel.BTW some rifle ranges wont let you use the rifle and can unless it has been reproof marked.too many bad thread jobs to be safe.I would expect around 60E for an hours shop time.
    If somone wants to make a small fortune,Parker Hale back in the thirties offered a loverly little collet adaptor that fitted over your front sight and was snugged down on ithe sight.It then had the correct threads for the suppressor on the front.
    so its advantages were;
    no threading of the barrel,also no need for reproofing etc under the old UK firearms laws.
    It fitted to true when tightned properly
    this could be made up for a rake of different calibre weapons.
    anyone handy with a lathe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

My local dealer said he would but one on my .22 swift for E350 treading and the slincer.

Advertisement