Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection sharing on USB ripwave

Options
  • 13-02-2005 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone help here. I have a USB Ripwave modem connected to my new Dell laptop, since i got the modem it has disconnected over 100 times today :mad: but on finding out from the Navini website its has issues with SP2 which i cannot remove from my Dell, so i borrowed a SP1 laptop and connected the modem into it, No bother whatso ever, so my question is can there be a way i can leave the modem into the SP1 laptop and share the connection to the new my Dell laptop?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

should be easy, do both computers have a network cable port?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yea they do and i also have a 5 port ethernet switch but when i try to share the connection to the Dell through the network cable nothing happens, any ideas or tips on what I should do.
    BTW I have the network adaptors on both the laptops set to Auto. IP does this affect me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

since i got the modem it has disconnected over 100 times today but on finding out from the Navini website its has issues with SP2 which i cannot remove

Does anyone know if IBB do update the firmware? It can't be downloaded from Navini. I have SP2 so maybe this is part of the problem. Along with the fact I've gotten nothing better than a red signal since December. And download speed equal to if not worse than dial-up. Is there a problem with the RTE antenna? Is it just rubbish. Most of the time I'm still connecting to 3 rock - 3 times the distance

Its definatley service pack two causing my modem to drop. for example on the Navdiag i would have 2 green ticks and the two computer lights blinking on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, but then if i check navdiag again i have 2 red X's but the computer doesent disconnect it and reconnect it automaticly, I allways have to unplug or switch off the modem to get a connection again but it only lasts for around 5mins. BTW Great signal strength and always above 400k speeds but SP2 causes it to disco. every time. At the moment im using a laptop which was never updated to SP2 and not a bother with the connection. If only there was a patch available for the modem for SP2.
    Also I think the Aquiring network address may have something to do with it I dunno.
    but whatever it is i cant use my new Dell laptop to browze the web, or I just get a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

its not anything to do with SP2's ability to limit new TCP/IP connection attempts is it?

Its worth trying this patch utility to see if that'll help.

• Advertisement

IS IT? I heard it was limited to ten

its not anything to do with SP2's ability to limit new TCP/IP connection attempts is it?

Its worth trying this patch utility to see if that'll help.
    So far, so good, havnt got any disco's yet but it seems to be better.
    Did you use this?

I think the problem has been sorted for me, thanks MUTANT FRUIT for the software it worked a treat, id also recommend people who have SP2 installed on windows XP to use it. BTW i set my TCP connections to 1000 to be sure, not the 50 it tries.

Thanks again MUTANT.

Advertisement