Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver H140 - where??! iAudio m3?

Options
  • 12-02-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find the above player but everywhere seems to be sold out, the h3** series of players are a total rip-off especially as there is no remote included, advanced mp3 has them for €350 but they are sold out. The only other player that I'm interested in is the iAudio m3 ( 40GB of course ) has anyone here got it? What do they think of it?

I know peats has the h120 but I would rather spend the extra €50 and get 20GB extra. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

www.mx2.co.uk

H340 is now only €392 delivered :eek:

and what you want is the iAudioM5! Not out for a while but looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The 340 is 450 or something like that in Dixons. But yeah it seems like a worse player than the 100's.

Why? The only thing better about the 1XX series is that it has an included remote, optical ports and there is an iSkin available for it. Also the fact that RockBox is being developed for the 1XX and will be available sooner than it will be (if even) for the 3XX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

cormie wrote:
    www.mx2.co.uk
    H340 is now only €392 delivered :eek:
    I don't want an H340 - I need a remote control it doesn't have one. I want a H140 and no ****ing shop on the internet seem to ****ing have them :mad:
    cormie wrote:
    and what you want is the iAudioM5! Not out for a while but looks great!
    It's just like the H3** series of players - utter crap* - the older M3 is better.

*it "may" be able to play "some" videos. I may as well buy a Gmini 400 if I want a video player. God I'm pissed off I put off my decision to get an mp3 player for so long.

mx2 has 140's too :)

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    mx2 has 140's too :)
    I know of mx2 but.....
    mx2 wrote:
    (This product is being discontinued and replaced by the H340)
    I can't buy it there and everywhere else is out of stock. I think iRiver have stopped making it - if I can't get it I'll just buy an M3. The H3** players are rubbish without proper remotes. There are many angry people on advancedmp3 who are giving out to iRiver for refusing to ship their LCD remote to anywhere other then Korea.

Yeah iRiver have some crazy people in their company alright! Some of the stuff they do is just ridiculous.

Buy me a 340 and I'll give you my 140 :D

I paid €460 for mine and it was worth every penny, so it's not as if it's a bad deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

give the guy what he wants here

the 140 is a bloody great player i have one now after selling my ****pod, way better features and a proper remote

Cremo wrote:
    give the guy what he wants here
    I feel as if my posts are not being read :) I have already mentioned advanced mp3, I would gladly get it there except it's out of stock. I have asked advanced mp3 if they are getting it back in - I don't think they will :(

Well the offer is here if you want to take it. You say the 340 is worse than 140 for you, so buy 340 and swap with me:)

• Advertisement

I don't want to spend so much money on an mp3 player so no thanks cormie. I've been reading reviews on this webpage here and it says that there is no random shuffle on the player - that seems stupid I can't listen to the same songs over and over it would drive me mad. Has this been fixed?

cormie wrote:
    Why? The only thing better about the 1XX series is that it has an included remote, optical ports and there is an iSkin available for it. Also the fact that RockBox is being developed for the 1XX and will be available sooner than it will be (if even) for the 3XX

It also records to Wav. I know they'll be adding it to the H300's but they don't have it yet. Yes they've stopped making the H100's. Thats why they are selling it off everywhere.

I feel as if my posts are not being read :) I have already mentioned advanced mp3

sorry i didn't see you saying that as i was automatically looking for a link to the places you had tried.

D.I.D electrical have the IHP120 in for €299 just in case you might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

...and it says that there is no random shuffle on the player - that seems stupid I can't listen to the same songs over and over it would drive me mad. Has this been fixed?

Nope. Though the soon-to-be-released Rockbox firmware should fix it. Fingers crossed anyway.

Cremo wrote:
    sorry i didn't see you saying that as i was automatically looking for a link to the places you had tried.

D.I.D electrical have the IHP120 in for €299 just in case you might be interested.
    It's alright mate no prob at least you were helpful :) Yes I notice everyone seems to have the H120 for €300, I think I'll still try for the H 140 for a little longer because twice the capacity is a big plus.
    PiE wrote:
    Nope. Though the soon-to-be-released Rockbox firmware should fix it. Fingers crossed anyway.
    I am amazed how in God's name did it manage to get such high review scores without a shuffle feature?? It must be mind blowingly annoying not being able to just dump a bunch of songs into a single folder and playing them in any which order :confused: I can't believe that, do you find it bad? I will only use the remote ( on a bus ) so is it easy to select different tracks using it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cormie stop sucking the 340's cock, as an mp3player its pretty average, the guy is looking for a serious mp3player not a toy to watch sluggsh videos,

thats tough luck about the H140 being sold out, i got a 120 a couple of weeks ago, its a serious machine, the only suggestion i can think of is try and find an american site that will fed-ex you the player.
    these look ok

www.compuplus.com

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I've been looking for the 140 for a few days and Amazon.co.uk are the only crowd that seem to be getting them in again even tho they're out of out of stock at the moment (at least i'd imagine thats what he (delivery is 1 to 2 weeks means)

(at least i'd imagine thats what he (delivery is 1 to 2 weeks means)
    That's what I also presume. Nicely put lordgoat about the H340, I think iRiver know that their H3** series are not any better then the H1** series and that's the reason for cutting off the supply of them, I soon expect the H120 to disappear. Give it two months or so :(

lordgoat wrote:
    Cormie stop sucking the 340's cock, as an mp3player its pretty average, the guy is looking for a serious mp3player not a toy to watch sluggsh videos,

thats tough luck about the H140 being sold out, i got a 120 a couple of weeks ago, its a serious machine, the only suggestion i can think of is try and find an american site that will fed-ex you the player.
    these look ok

www.compuplus.com

best of luck!

Whats your problem???

As a player theres hardly any difference between the two models. You get a non LCD remote with the H300's and you can use a H100 LCD remote if you really want it. iRiver said they'd release a better LCD remote soon. They also said they'd fix the random shuffle (it does have a shuffle, but theres a bug with it) and add recording to Wav by a Flash update. The H300 in addition can charge via USB and can act as a USB Hub. You can view photos and movies (at 10fps) on the H300's. It lacks the optical I/O but how many people are going to use that?

The iRivers use folders as the primary navigation, not the tags. Thats a different philosophy. Thats how they can use drag and drop and allow use as Hard Disk. Players that use tags need you to use software to put the MP3's on and off the player. The iRivers can use tags but you have to generate the database on the player and it can be slow. So basically if you use tags a lot the the iRiver isn't the best player for you. However many people, myself included, use folders to organise and navigate so for that reason the iRiver is better than an iPod for that kind of use.

Because a product doesn't suit you doesn't make it a bad product.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Whats your problem???

As a player theres hardly any difference between the two models. You get a non LCD remote with the H300's and you can use a H100 LCD remote if you really want it. iRiver said they'd release a better LCD remote soon. They also said they'd fix the random shuffle (it does have a shuffle, but theres a bug with it) and add recording to Wav by a Flash update. The H300 in addition can charge via USB and can act as a USB Hub. You can view photos and movies (at 10fps) on the H300's. It lacks the optical I/O but how many people are going to use that?

The iRivers use folders as the primary navigation, not the tags. Thats a different philosophy. Thats how they can use drag and drop and allow use as Hard Disk. Players that use tags need you to use software to put the MP3's on and off the player. The iRivers can use tags but you have to generate the database on the player and it can be slow. So basically if you use tags a lot the the iRiver isn't the best player for you. However many people, myself included, use folders to organise and navigate so for that reason the iRiver is better than an iPod for that kind of use.

Because a product doesn't suit you doesn't make it a bad product.
    "Because a product doesn't suit you doesn't make it a bad product."

Thats exactly what i was saying....

hope your little tirade there made you feel better pumpkin.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote:
    "Because a product doesn't suit you doesn't make it a bad product."

Thats exactly what i was saying....

hope your little tirade there made you feel better pumpkin.

Er no it wasn't. I was pointing out theres little significance difference between the two players. The difference in features are insignificant. But you call one average and the other a serious player. My comments on product suitability refer to the iRiver approach vs other players. Not H100 vs H300.

Tirade? Was I not feeling well? How was my post a tirade?

.."A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe"........

Er no it wasn't. I was pointing out theres little significance difference between the two players.
    There is one significant difference between the two series and that's the price, of course the remote lacking an LCD is also a big turn off. I think we should all just agree to disagree here because to some people these differences are small to others they are big. To me the remote is important because of the less then savoury bus routes I travel. It's a jungle out there :) The price.....well as a poor student that's also very important :D

There is one significant difference between the two series and that's the price, of course the remote lacking an LCD is also a big turn off. I think we should all just agree to disagree here because to some people these differences are small to others they are big. To me the remote is important because of the less then savoury bus routes I travel. It's a jungle out there :) The price.....well as a poor student that's also very important :D

The H120 is 299 and the H320 is 320 or something close. But I agree that the H100's offer better bang for buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I just bought the Cowon m3. Its deadly. I cant get over how small it is. The sound is excellent. I got it for 200 euros delivered, brand new off the US ebay. The control system is a little hard to get used to but once you do its fine. Highly recomended espeically at this price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

can I ask who you got it off?

Don't see any for that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Yeh I got it off a lady (i think) called Joy Minns. Her ebay name is shetaz26. The post took a two weeks so she sent me the shipping back. What a legend. She has sold a few of these in the past so you might get lucky.

Advertisement