Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3341 problems

Options
  • 12-02-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

:rolleyes:

All I want to do is play some Pro Evo 4 but this damn thing is causing trouble. What happens when I try to play online is I get an "Unable to Connect" message. What I have done to try and fix this problem:

-Give PES4 full access in my fireway
    -Open port 5739 UDP (the port PES4 uses) on my firewall
    -Port forwarded 5739 UDP on the router (using the helpful guide on portforward.com)
    -Tried to follow KdjaC's helpful advice here . Couldn't install the modem without using the CD so that was a no-go.
    -Turned off UPnP
    -Turned it back on
    -Tried turning off NAT altogether(couldn't pull up any webpages so changed it back)
    -Enabled IP Passthrough
    -Enable DHCP

Basically, I'm now out of ideas. Can anybody think of anything else? Bittorrent also doesn't work >_> I'd be grateful if someone could tell me a way to fix this.

As a last resort, would buying a new modem fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

if bittorrent wont work, then your doing it wrong
    if you cant set it up an new router isnt going to change that.

i assume you can access 192.168.1.254?

once there and following the usual pinhole setup , check -
    have you forwarded the right port?
    have you forwarded it to the right ip?
    are the start and end port the same?
    are you using tcp forwarding for bittorrent?
    is the internal port the same as above?
    if you uninstall yoursoftware firewall does it work?

ive setup bt on plenty of netopias and have never had any probelms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

Yes is the answer to them all, except the last one. It's the second computer I've had since I got BB and I couldn't get BT working properly on either.

Advertisement