Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!!!!

Options
  • 11-02-2005 11:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Results are up..... hope ye all passed

A2 (Info Systems)

B2 (Project i think, thanks Rmacm and Kaimera)

C2 (Maths, thanks to tutorial guy, couldnt have done it without ya!)

C3 (Sys analysis, Thanks Rmacm and Kaimera, defiently fubared the exam, but thats to my... well 'borrowing' 'assignments' i got through it, TY)

D2 (Programming, a big thanks to whoever saw past my poor projects, bad mid term and disastrous exam (A palindrome, of course it was ffs!) thanks for passing me!! paddy, we'll meet again!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

B1 Digital Systems - woo!
    B1 Computer Software - woo!
    C2 Circuit Analysis - ok
    C3 Communications - im getting that rechecked. should have gotten at least a B
    D1 Maths - changed the paper (resisting calling lecturer names)
    D2 Active Circuit Design - bitch of a module, but paper was changed too

Did anyone notice how a lot of the exam papers were changed a lot? Cos 4/6 of mine were changed, and people in other courses said the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

Mechanical Engineering Semester 3

A1 Engineering Materials 2 - thought I'd get it alright
    A1 Mechanics of Solids 1 - holy crap! sweeeet
    B1 Applied Mechanics - happy enough but A2 would've been sweet
    B1 Design 1 - considering my project blew up thats fair
    B3 Thermodynamics 1 - yeah she screwed us over
    C1 Engineering Maths 3 - ah fair enough, I didn't go to it

Overall QCA 3.3, very happy with that, hence drunkenness last night.

And yes a lot of our papers were changed dramatically. Maths (the one I did worst in) was the same for the last 7 years and changed completely. Thermodynamics was very different too. Was this a deliberate move by the college? If so its pretty underhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LittleWing

Wow another comp sys student. Nice results by the way!
    Just after finding this UL part on the boards......

B2 Information Systems
    C1 Website (gutted, really hoped to do better)
    C2 Systems Analysis
    C3 Maths (yes i agree, thank you tutorial guy)
    C3 Programming (WTF????? I'm shocked i didn't fail. Didn't even get the palindrome question. Feel sorry for the poor person who put down my ID number instead of their own....)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Plassey hats off for that result esp. on Materials and Solids.
    I goosed them up soo much last year - head down this Semster(6) back from coop QCA 2.02 - walkin the line.Spent last year drinking all the time.This year gym and study (and must join GSOC)

Whats with the chaningin of the papers,have heard that a few time now.

Congrads to all of ye on the results

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

LittleWing wrote:
    Wow another comp sys student. Nice results by the way!
    Just after finding this UL part on the boards......

B2 Information Systems
    C1 Website (gutted, really hoped to do better)
    C2 Systems Analysis
    C3 Maths (yes i agree, thank you tutorial guy)
    C3 Programming (WTF????? I'm shocked i didn't fail. Didn't even get the palindrome question. Feel sorry for the poor person who put down my ID number instead of their own....)

Cool, seems most everybody i know passed programming. I'm shocked too, tbh I didnt even deserve it. Well i'm gonna be doing loads of programming up in dublin, and i'll try and learn Java aswell! Well we'll meet paddy again for Data Structures and Algorithms.... which is as bad as it sounds I think.

Anybody think they done a 'Aggregate scoring'??? I mean for the maths i barely got out 2 questions, but i got a C2, even though I only got 30% tops. Same for the programming, I'd say i hit 30% tops, but came out with somewhere between 35%-37%...... not that i'm complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Peteee wrote:
    Well i'm gonna be doing loads of programming up in dublin, and i'll try and learn Java aswell!

second year comp sys out on placement is it? where ye get?

o and since when is mounting a usb key in linux any effort what so ever?

Aye, placement it is. I'm up in Lionbridge (I'm a, ahem, Localisation Engineer *Insert trumpet sounds here*) which is in blackrock. While I wont be doing any programming for the company, I plan to do loads at home in my spare time.

Mounting the USB key, well, lets just say one night we were having trouble getting it regognised. More of an in-house joke really. Fedora Core 2 if it matters, Although i think either the key was banjaxed or the port was!

Peteee wrote:
    Cool, seems most everybody i know passed programming. I'm shocked too, tbh I didnt even deserve it. Well i'm gonna be doing loads of programming up in dublin, and i'll try and learn Java aswell! Well we'll meet paddy again for Data Structures and Algorithms.... which is as bad as it sounds I think.

Anybody think they done a 'Aggregate scoring'??? I mean for the maths i barely got out 2 questions, but i got a C2, even though I only got 30% tops. Same for the programming, I'd say i hit 30% tops, but came out with somewhere between 35%-37%...... not that i'm complaining!
    Do you mean a Bell Curve when you say "Aggregate Scoring"? I think they were used for some of my modules mainly cos I don't deserve my solids result! I'd imagine they're only brought into play in extreme circumstances, like if a very high percentage fail or whatever. There is probably no way of knowing if one was employed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i cant access my results,i couldnt do it from home or area 51 and i cant access them from in the college,aaah!!!!

i cant access my results,i couldnt do it from home or area 51 and i cant access them from in the college,aaah!!!!
    Well if you failed anything you would've gotten a letter home so if you didn't you've passed (or compensated) everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LittleWing

For some reason the link on the UL site wasn't working but if you went to
    http://sipr-xi.ul.ie you could still get your results. It was a bit slow though

Aye, Bell curve, thats it!

Hope yer all enjoying college, part of me likes it here and part of me wishes I was back in college.... bah!

Advertisement