Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncle Gaybo earning his corn......

Options
  • 11-02-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Good to see Uncle Gaybo ACTUALLY earning the 200,000 Euro a year that us TV Licence owning, taxpayers, pay him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

BolBill wrote:
    Good to see Uncle Gaybo ACTUALLY earning the 200,000 Euro a year that us TV Licence owning, taxpayers, pay him.
    Hear Hear. It's closer to 250K actually.

Funny that PK earns the same money! I would have thought the occasional coat of Cuprinol would have been enough to keep him happy.

...and as for GR earning 450K? Don't get me started. He'd be lucky to get a job on a regional radio station in the UK for 40K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

...I would have thought the occasional coat of Cuprinol would have been enough to keep him happy...

ROFL :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hear Hear. It's closer to 250K actually.
    Closer as in "over 250k" innit?

What's graybo been doing to earn his keep then? I've not seen a great deal of our native channels lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

he does that awful 'class reunion' show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If we upped it to 300k would he stay off TV?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Pigman II wrote:
    If we upped it to 300k would he stay off TV?

Totally agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

They're paying him so much just to keep him off other channels regardless of what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

A decent hit man would probably cost far less. And he'd probably scrub Pat Kenny for free. Not that I'd recommend any such actions mind, I'm just thinking out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

His Class Reunion prog is really a disgrace - I cannot believe he stooped to that level of nostalgic, sugar coated, This is Your Life predicable RTE-set person crap.
    I genarally like Gay, his professionalism is extraoridinary but this really a low point.

And surprise suprise it was developed by Philip Kampff - his surname says it all. He has RTE, especially the IPU Unit wrapped around his little finger - any idea he comes up with in the bath, and I mean anything, he chucks at them and they pounce on it like it's the next Millionare. I'd list the crap he's given us but most of it's too cringeworthy to mention.

sceptre wrote:
    A decent hit man would probably cost far less. And he'd probably scrub Pat Kenny for free. Not that I'd recommend any such actions mind, I'm just thinking out loud.

Its funny you should mention hitmen in regards to Gay Byrne. I tried really hard to get on "Who wants to be a millionaire" (BTW Where is it now?) just so when Gay would ask "Well what would you do with the million if you won it?", I'd have said "Take out a hit on you Gaybo, and blow the remainder on coke and hookers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

BolBill wrote:
    Its funny you should mention hitmen in regards to Gay Byrne. I tried really hard to get on "Who wants to be a millionaire" (BTW Where is it now?) just so when Gay would ask "Well what would you do with the million if you won it?", I'd have said "Take out a hit on you Gaybo, and blow the remainder on coke and hookers"
    Man if you do make sure to ask those hitmen to do Pat Kenny for free, and if they are feeling generous throw in Gerry Ryan too.

I give you my word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i watched a piece of the class reunion show a while back

the bbc should sue

Advertisement