Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for 80's theme party

Options
  • 11-02-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Ok seeing as my younger brothers are always giving me stick about being able to remember the 80's i though for my 30th birthday i would have a 80's fancy dress party , where you can dress as if still in the 80's or someone famous from the 80's.
    Now thats all well and good, however, what to server at the party ?
    and any exceptions to it ?

i was planning on dressing like the ex head of the Sony Corp , who was the man responceable for the Walkman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Would your friends get that? Because if they do, you have some nerdy friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I doubt they would, but i tend to go for the very unusual for fancy dress partys... like one Hollowen, i dressed as Hogey from jaws 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

If it's an 80's party then there's only one thing you can dress up in:

White suit, sleeve's rolled up to the elbows, with a pastel blue or pink t-shirt underneath. Nice pair of sunglasses. Don't shave for a day or two. And if you know someone you can borrow a Ferrari Daytona or Testarossa from that you can pull up outside the party in, all the better! ;)

You can see where I'm going with this, can't you? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

Gnarly! An 80's party? Great idea.

Music Suggestions:
    *Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
    *Bonnie Taylor - Total Eclipse of the Heart
    *Pat Benatar - Love is a Battlefield
    *Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
    *Madonna - Like a Virgin

Decoration Ideas:
    *Neon or Metallic Fabric
    *Rubics Cubes
    *Transformers
    *Jem Toys

Drink Suggestions:
    *Tab
    *Capri Suns
    *Tang
    *Wine Coolers

Food Suggestions:
    *Twizzlers
    *Pop Rocks
    *Cheese Balls
    *Fruit Roll Ups
    *Combos
    *Cheese Filled Hotdogs
    *Magic Shell Ice Cream Coating
    *String Cheese
    *Rice Cakes
    *Raspberry and Strawberry Fig Newtons
    *Microwave Popcorn
    *Jelly Belly Jelly beans!
    *Jell-O Pudding Pops
    *Hot Pockets
    *Nerds
    *The Breakfast Club Sandwich: No meat, Cap’n Crunch cereal, and pixie stick powder on white bread.
    *A Pink cake with exactly 16 candles on it.
    *Pac Man and Ghosts. Use round molds on Kraft slices of cheese to cut out the Pac Man shape and red, yellow, and green peppers to make the ghosts. Scatter them on top of your favorite salads for a retro presentation. You can use the same shapes as cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

you can wear a skinny leather tie. My sister had a 1980's party where people dressed up. There was the usual culture club and puffball stuff but I thought the best was the 'nutty boys', like the two tone boys with the porkpie hats - it is early 1980's though. Maybe you should have something like a miami vice theme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement