Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross O'Carroll Kelly

Options
  • 11-02-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Someone told me to check these out, there seems to have been a few titles. Which is the first one I should read? I'd prefer reading in chronological order. Which is the best? Are they funny?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I think "The teenage dirtbag years" is the first of them but I'm not %100 sure. They are definitely worth the read, very very funny.

When I was reading them I was going to college in UCD and almost every day on the dart ("dort" :) ) there'd be someone sitting near who may as well have just stepped out of the book as I was reading it; it was hard to keep a straight face at times.

great stuff, hard to read sometimes as the main character can be such an absolute git.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

"The miseducation of Ross O-caroll Kelly" is first and v.good if you know anything about schools rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Great Books for reading on the train or bus. The Miseducation... is the first followed by Teenage Dirtbag years, Orange mocha... and P.S I scored the bridesmaids.That may not be the order they were published, but its right chronologicaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah.. Misedu years.. Pick it up, not at all challenging to read, but very accurate none the less.. Go for it, gives lots of laughs.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have to say, they are class books alright.

I read them in the week from Xmas day to New Years just gone. Very well written, great read and totally un-put-down-able.

Some great parts in them, and they have the whole D4 mentality thing down to a T.

Would recommend these books to anyone, and my sister and one of my mates have thanked me for it.

Definitely pick them up, and for what it's worth, the ending of PS I scored the bridesmaids is absolute quality.

Anyone know if there is another one in the pipeline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Is it okay if I read the 'Orange Mocha-Chip Frapacino Years' first? Hah, I went to the bookstore on Friday. I looked up H for Howard. Couldn't find anything. Eventually I found just one copy of that book shoved somewhere so I decided to buy it. Only afterwards I realized Ross O'Carroll Kelly is actually a pseudonym so I should have looked up O or K. I had assumed the names of the books were Ross O'Carroll Kelly in... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It goes like this:

Miseducation
    Teenage Dirtbag
    Orange Mocha
    PS I Scored The...

I don't know if you'd get some of the references in OM, but having said that, when I was reading the 4 of them, I took them as one long book, not as four seperate books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Having gone to UCD, I found these books hilarious. I have two and I bought my boyf the other two (real reason: so I could read them myself...). The whole "dort" thing is so true, as is the "raid" for "road", "saith" for "south", etc. Would def recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

seansouth wrote:

Some great parts in them, and they have the whole D4 mentality thing down to a T.

Eh I dont think you know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

seansouth wrote:

Anyone know if there is another one in the pipeline?

no doubt there will be more, paul howard writes the column in the sunday tribune everyweek and since ps i scored.... i'd say he is fast coming on enought content for another one, or he will soon enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement