Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Cola

Options
  • 11-02-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone know if you can still get Cavan Cola anywhere? The last time I bought a bottle of it was about 4 or 5 years ago (shop in Virginia, Cavan). It was being bottled somewhere in Dublin at the time. Tried googling it but there's very little info out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

can't be certain but afaik tis gone.

shame really.

that said, it was never really the same after the company was sold years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

dont think its available anymore, nice cola though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

wasnt there a soft drink company called Commet. they were based in cavan. is it one and the same

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Cavan Cola was bottled by a company called Cavan Mineral Water (CMW). I think they are still in cavan at the beside tractamotors. They also used to produce an alco-pop drink called Mug Shot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Cavan Cola? You can't be serious. Was the marketing slogan something like "Now with 20% more beef!" ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hmm well it did have red-brown scum in the bottom of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ruu wrote:
    hmm well it did have red-brown scum in the bottom of it :)
    i used to love that stuff in the bottom of my Homestead cola when i was a young skelp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Cavan Cola was class. We used to get it sent out to the Gaeltaecht. NOTHING beats football special when it was in the glass bottles tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have such a craving for Cavan Cola now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

dregin wrote:
    "NOTHING beats football special when it was in the glass bottles tho"

Heheh, football special. Had that when I was up in Donegal - mostly for novelty value I might add, the name is beautiful :D. Unfortunately I found it pretty sickening... Oh well... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ah but the taste is always secondary to the whole experience of drinking Cavan Cola or Football Special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

try putting a bit of blackcurrant miwadi in your coke ;)

Advertisement