Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express + Esat DSL

Options
  • 10-02-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Are any special settings needed? Am using Esat dsl with supplied ZyXEL router, and outlook express cannot connect to iol mail servers. Worked perfectly before dsl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dream Driven

Hi John,

I guess you were using a dialup before broadband, so open up OE go to the tools menu click on accounts, click on the mail tab then highlight your iol account, click on the properties button, click on the connection tab, take the tick out of the box "Always connect with this connection" now click on the server tab change your "Outgoing mail SMTP" to Esats settings you will get this off there web site just enter it in the box, click OK and see if it works, if not try Esat to see if they will give you the settings to change.

All the best

DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Thanks, I had done this before but I guess some program changed them. Anyhow, I used system restore and all is well.

Advertisement