Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of moving Gaff

Options
  • 10-02-2005 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Does any know what the charges to move Gaff/Line with UTV Clicksilver & EsatBT are? Done a bit of rooting around but nothing, as usual, uptodate on the web.

I'm currently on the EastBT 3 month 'freebie' and am thinking of moving to Clicksilver - 10notes a month cheaper for same service. My freebie expires in early March but I will probably be moving Gaff in approx. 6 months and am wondering what the cost will be to get the service in my new Gaff.

Also, can anybody confirm that Clicksilver now offer a dual Ethernet & USB modem - I have a Linksys wireless router that I need to hookup for my lapper.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

utv wanted €350 iirc from me when I was moving 12 months ago. After they were advised to stick that figure where the sun rarely shines, it was revised down to a more reasonable €150 - or something around that. If youre currently on a 3 month trial and moving in six months, I'd use up the trial, wait until I move then get a new broadband connection in the new house. Getting bb installed in the old place when you know youre going to be moving in 3 months is beyond madness. It took my bb one whole month to be reconnected in my new house. Do yourself a favor and wait the three months until you move to sign any contracts. Otherwise you're just pissing money away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah get utv bb or something on trial. In fact keep moving gaff just to get free bb trials over and over. 350 sounds ridiculous, so does 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

anyone know the prices for moving Eircom BB? Outside contract now. Also does moving to a new location start a new contract? (I assume it does)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cgf wrote:
    Does any know what the charges to move Gaff/Line with UTV Clicksilver & EsatBT are? Done a bit of rooting around but nothing, as usual, uptodate on the web.

I'm currently on the EastBT 3 month 'freebie' and am thinking of moving to Clicksilver - 10notes a month cheaper for same service. My freebie expires in early March but I will probably be moving Gaff in approx. 6 months and am wondering what the cost will be to get the service in my new Gaff.

Also, can anybody confirm that Clicksilver now offer a dual Ethernet & USB modem - I have a Linksys wireless router that I need to hookup for my lapper.

Cheers.

Use up your trial and wait until you get to the new house before you do anything. Do you know where you are going to move to? do you know if the line there will pass the bb test. If you take out a UTV contract before you move you are committing yourself to a 12 month contract with UTV for that number and moving is irrelevant you have commited for the 12 months and are liable to pay up for the 12 months. You may be able to negotiate something with them but its not definite.

UTV are providing a Creative modem with ethernet.

Advertisement