Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shakedown brigade in full effect

Options
  • 10-02-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Here we are two weeks into second semester and already theres been some grade a begging going on in the main street. I don't mean to sound like a prick, I know its for good causes but I'm so sick having to avoid the likes of concern, help the blind, nuke the whales - whoever! I mean its almost every fucing day. And them theres some days where you might get asked by one guy outside centra then another further up and then after that a romanian woman saying "Plea, pleah please please" over and over AAAARRGH

I'm giving serious thought to just walking up the back road up to the bustop.

Anyone else slightly ticked off by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I agree actually.
    One day I walked the length of the street from Barry's down to the park and passed/avoided at least four charity workers try to get money off me.
    On one stretch of pavement!

There were no beggers that day, I thank my lucky stars, otherwise there wouldn't have been room to walk on the pavement, never mind gewt past people.

The ones who want you to sign up your details are really overdoing it especially, in Dublin city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

They never get that far with me. I just shake my head and say "no" before thay have a cance to say what they want. But its awkwad and uncomfortable ya know. And its really bad if you have to pass them twice in the one day. It even more awkward the next time :(

I want to just get a cap that say "NO!" or "Fuck up!" on it that i can just pull out of my bag and throw on as soon as i have to approach them then i won't have to say anything at all to them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

They never get that far with me. I just shake my head and say "no" before thay have a cance to say what they want. But its awkwad and uncomfortable ya know. And its really bad if you have to pass them twice in the one day. It even more awkward the next time :(

I want to just get a cap that say "NO!" or "Fuck up!" on it that i can just pull out of my bag and throw on as soon as i have to approach them then i won't have to say anything at all to them :D

Get me one of them caps!

Ah they're annoying as hell....I always feel like crap for saying sorry or no thanks but they're parasites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TrickyDicky

I was in supermacs today in Maynooth and this romanian traveller woman asked me twice inside and once outside the place for change. It was kinda annoying, I didnt give her anything.

Perhaps if yea really hate being asked were this :D

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=322 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

ClareBear wrote:
    I always feel like crap for saying sorry or no thanks!
    I know, thats the worst thing about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I know, thats the worst thing about it :(

Aww the Concern guy today was so lovely and smiley too.

I'm going to hell....

Advertisement