Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cayman 3300 router help

Options
  • 10-02-2005 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

i use Eircom brodband,and a cayman 3300 modem ,i was trying to shar files over internet but i am having troble with this router wich i totaly have no idea how to work with! and the manual seems very hard for me to understand, could any one give me a simple step on what i need to do with the router to be abel to share files! thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i have no idea what your trying to do ....

id guess that you might be looking to use a file sharing program
    search for the name of it and youll find your answer

or else search for pinhole setup
    that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Broadband routers allow an ethernet and usb connection.
    Your computers will be assigned ip addresses by the router, so you should able to share files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭call_me_fish

stalfos wrote:
    Broadband routers allow an ethernet and usb connection.
    Your computers will be assigned ip addresses by the router, so you should able to share files
    i am using Quick n' easy FTP server
    and it don't work ! no one accept my self can get in ,i tryied to look around ! and done some changes to the pinhole thing by following this guide
    http://www.portforward.com/netopia/Cayman3300-portforwarding.htm i put external port start and end to 21 and don't know what i need to put for internal port so i left it blank, and restarted evrything but still not working ! what is wrong?

here is the address i can acces to but no one else can ftp://silencer:worldcup@192.168.1.4:21
    i got the ip address by doing ipconfig in dos

firstly,
    you need to set the internal port to 21 to make it work

secondly,
    192.168.1.4 is your lan ip
    you need to find your extenal ip
    www.whatismyip.org
    should do the trick

thirdly,
    if you ahvent got a static ip,
    eircom , so id guess not

head over to www.no-ip.com to get a free redirect and a program that updates the dns when your ip changes ;)

• Advertisement

Chalk wrote:
    thirdly,
    if you ahvent got a static ip,
    eircom , so id guess not

head over to www.no-ip.com to get a free redirect and a program that updates the dns when your ip changes ;)
    thx man it worked nicely but the ip seems to change every time i restart the modem

thx man it worked nicely but the ip seems to change every time i restart the modem
    head over to www.no-ip.com to get a free redirect and a program that updates the dns when your ip changes

Chalk wrote:
    head over to www.no-ip.com to get a free redirect and a program that updates the dns when your ip changes
    i don't get it it says If your IP address has changed it will notify our dns servers and update the IP corresponding to your No-IP/No-IP+ hostname
    what dose that have to do wit me?
    i mean what dose this no ip give me? how dose it help me?

it lets you have a free addres like www.myftp.org that points dircetly to your ip,
    no matter how often it changes
    saves you having to remember a new ip every morning
    or worrying if your router reset it sefl will you stilll be able to access your ftp in the afternoon

and i finaly made it to the CSS dedicated server ! it's working ! here is the address 83.71.108.152:27015

• Advertisement
Advertisement