Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel IBB app??

Options
  • 09-02-2005 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up for IBB Breeze before xmas and have gotten a few mails saying they are running tests etc.. Anyhoos with all the horror stories i'm changing my mind about them - I did some pings earlier and compared to the guys posting about the Ballymun mast my IOL is 2-3 times faster!! Also I'm just by Botanic Ave which is down in a valley so I reckon my line of sight will be crappy!!Can I just cancel the application since they haven't stuck the mast up yet?? I was only changing to IBB so I wouldn't have to pay Eircom but Smart BB's free line rental will take care of this... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

So long as they haven't bolted anything to your house, you can cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah, I,m sure you could cancel once its not installed but afaik you have a 7 day cooling of period after its installed so if you dont like you can cancel then.

We're on the Ballymun mast here at home and although I dont know much about the tech side of things it is fairly crap at the moment up until now tho its been sweet,maybe others can help you out here more than me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have got to remember that the Tech for IBB is new (or new to Ireland) ,
    and there will be as with any network teething problems as they grow and expand.
    But when it works is it wonderfull with pings of 50 or less with two of use playing, and 100 to 120 kb/s up and down.
    So far the good days out number the bad :)

Advertisement