Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem - light is green but no connection

Options
  • 09-02-2005 9:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm at a loss. Friday evening my eircom broadband stopped working. I use a netgear router which was showing a nice green light but nothing. Gave up and on monday evening it was back until the next day and ever since I yet again have a green light on the router but no apparent connection. I thought I might have damaged my socket but with my phone working etc. it's hard to know for sure. I can connect to my router admin web page which reports failure to connect to server on PPoe. I even replaced the cable from my router to the phone line (seems exactly same as phone line). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

You've checked out the usual things, no extra items added to the phone line in the house etc. Dunno, the green light means DSL sync is there on my Netopia box. Tried a hard reset on the Netgear router? Which model is it?
    Router could be gonner. Any mates with BB to swap around and check?
    Don't suppose you have the Eircom supplied netopia unit around?
    You'll have to ring Eircom BB tech support to check their end, I suppose.
    Sorry can't be of more help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah sorry I tried with the original Netopia modem too and no good. This is in the Rathmines area by the way. I think I'll pay my phone bill today and ring them tomorrow (not in arrears just want to give them no reason to mess me around) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Musician - from the sounds of it I had a similar problem with my UTV connection, it was stuck at "Waiting for data" at the server part of the status page.

Tried everything to get it working. To cut a long story short an Eircom fella changed my old phone socket for a new one and it's been fine ever since. Took over 3 weeks altogether to get it sorted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

We used to get a similar problem every few days, what we found was that our account was still active on the line, we had to ring tech support, get them to end the session so we could reconnect.

they never did find out what was causing it, thier soloution was for us to ring them up again, and again, and again, and.....

Anyways hope this helps

Advertisement