Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surf board repair

Options
  • 09-02-2005 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

anyone know where would be a good place to get my surf board repaired? it's not snapped, but just real real bad dings and chunks taken off.
    and a snapped fin.
    the fins are not the problem it's easy get them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Where in the country are you based? I know of a good ding repair guy near Lahinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i'm in dublin city during the week , and galway city at the weekends.
    do you know his number i can give him a shout? or his name and i'll look him up.

cheers mate

I've PMed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Other thing would be check out surfingireland.net
    I think someone posted about that before, if not then post yourself. You got a ding repair kit? You could get one in the surf shop's in Dublin. I've had to fix a few dings myself, they're always good to have

cheers lads.
    are the repair kits expensive? do they do a good job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

bout 10 r 15 euro. The one I got is called Solerazz or something. A fiberglass thing u put on, hardens if exposed to light for 2 minutes or something. You can put it on in the light if you wish, just get it in place quickly cause it goes sticky quicky. Does a good enough job for any minor dings, good to have a kit anyway. Where do you surf?

Solarez - any good surf/outdoor shop will have them. I'd recommend getting repair guy to fix it it the dings are serious. You don't want to screw up your board by getting it wrong, i.e. if water gets in after the repair, you're board will get wrecked.

ya it's a pretty bad one so i'm as well gettin it fixed properly. still might invest in one of those kits cause i've got a second board that needs a bit of work,

i surf in liousbourg , lahinch. have not been in a while though.
    did most of my surfing to date in Jersey, Channel Islands, cause i worked out there for the last three summers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Headleylamarr

A pal Billy does the repairs for Wind and Wave in Monkstown mate - they won't charge you a fortune and he does a top notch job... he shapes too...

http://www.dublinevents.com/v2.php?id=180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

A good trick with Solarez is to lay it down in strips over your ding and then lay down strips of sellotape over that. Flatten it out with your fingers then and let it dry and remove the sellotape. Perfect repair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

My dad & uncle have repaired windsurf boards, it doesnt seem too difficult. Important question: have you used the board since its gotten these "dings", if yes & the inner part of the board has been exposed to water then you will have to leave it standing (with the dings at the bottom), to drain it (we had to do this to a windsurf board, I presume surfboards are the same). Although if you give it to a repairman they will dry it out for you if needed.

Advertisement