Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeze 1mb or wait for SmartTelecom

Options
  • 08-02-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

i was going to get Breeze 1mb but after hearing about smart telecom deal i dunno it is not available in my area yet they said but will soon. Dunno what to do. What do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Here's a strategy that has served me well: ignore promises and go with what's available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Smart promises 2Mb down with only 128k up, whereas Breeze is 1Mb up and 1Mb down.

If I were you I'd follow Blaster99s advice, Smart broadband may never materialise and you could be in for a wait if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Especially given that Smart are counting on LLU by eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm in the same boat powerhousedan!!! There's posts here nearly everyday with people saying the IBB is slow etc. I filled in an online form form Ripwave, I got a mail back to say it was available, I replied asking if I could return the modem if there was a prob, no reply then I called and was told I couldn't have ripwave but Breeze was available, I get the forms in the post and send them back, get a mail saying form have been processed etc, then weeks go by and I get a mail telling me I can't get Ripwave in my area but I can call abt Breeze ?? I wanted to make my own mind up abt them and not be biased from reading posts here but if the application is this messy I'm a bit worried about going with them..I'm planning on going with Smart now and canceling IBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My application for IBB was slow and messy but since they have hooked me up I haven't had a single problem. Downloads at around 120+kB/s and pings to boards less than 10ms alot of the time.

I've also been stung alot of times by empty promises from ISP's, I would go with whats available now rather than hoping smart come through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement