Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shouldn't my speed be faster

Options
  • 07-02-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I recently got IOL Broadband and im happy enough with it in regard to ping times when playing games. General downloading is not that remarkable , I thought broadband meant downloads completing almost instantly.I was downloading map during the last few days and the rate was 1 kb a second! Wheres the 512k this service meant to be! Im thinking could it be becuse im using a USB connection as opposed to the Ethernet connection (I use this for XboxLive).

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Seeker wrote:
    I recently got IOL Broadband and im happy enough with it in regard to ping times when playing games. General downloading is not that remarkable , I thought broadband meant downloads completing almost instantly.I was downloading map during the last few days and the rate was 1 kb a second! Wheres the 512k this service meant to be! Im thinking could it be becuse im using a USB connection as opposed to the Ethernet connection (I use this for XboxLive).

the speed of the download will depend on the size of the file you are downloading. try one of the speedtests and you should get a good idea of the performance of your bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

You were downloading map?

Some times the site you are downloading from could be under heavy bandwidth usage and is not able to upload to you any faster. Do as dub45 says and run a couple different speedtests.

Advertisement