Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendations

Options
  • 07-02-2005 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just looking for suggestions for good restaurants in Waterford city centre. Wanna book a place for next Saturday.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

From my limited experience...

Fine Dining

Bodega, Michael st. - top class
    O'Dwyers - would be the best restaurant in Waterford if it hadn't recently closed. :)

Reasonable & tasty

Tuk Tuk Thai, Off William st.
    Lahoore Tandoori, Patrick St. (may have a different name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 angelbabe2112

the tower hotel the bistro in there is so so nice.going there for valentines dinner and its fairly reasonable considering how prices hike on that night

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Italian "La Palma" is excellent, as is the Tuk Tuk Thai.

If you're near Ardkeen, try the Chinese/Thai restaurant in the Brasscock shopping centre. Very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Bistro is nice but my girlfriend used to work there so doubt she'll be too impressed if I bring her there for a romantic meal.

Was in that Thai/Chinese in the Brasscock centre and it was tasty indeed.

Thinking bout the Bodega or else La Palma

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Italian down near Johhny Fan's is also quite good and worth a go.

I wouldn't touch Johnny Fans with a bargepole after the pricemongering I saw there one Christmas. Pity, cause it is tasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

The best restaurant in Waterford is a little place in Tramore called Asilla. Its in the town, I think its the last turn left before the church off the main road up the hill. Its only got about enough space to sea 30 but its not unreasonably priced and Ive heard people say that the food was better than some of the big famous michelan restaurants in Dublin.

Ive never had a bad meal there, gotta give it 10/10. Id be ringing to book though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Asilia is a lovely restraurant in Tramore, as is Coast.. Ive eaten in both and
    found the food, service and the restraurant in general to be excellent..

Asilia is on Market St in Tramore, you head up the main street past the AIB,
    then you pass Tonys chipper on the right and its the next left and on the
    left..

If you're willing to travel I'd recommend either, although Coast can hit the
    wallet a bit harder.. :)

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

asila, emmiliano's, palma, the chinese by axis mundi i think its the jade palace the indian place in tramore is pretty good - the one by the baldy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks for all the suggestions, ill definitely be trying some of them out. Going to go to La Palma, reckon an italian would probably be best for romantic settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

La Palma is v nice.... The bread you get with the meal is gorgeous...i was as full as a tit the last time i was there....smashing..mmmMMm.

Loads of brownie points for ya..she'l be delighted. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

the thai restaurant in waterford city is great. nowhere else i tried impressed at all really.

Advertisement